| FTBL Resident College Football Expert Week 13

• Thread starter CRIMSONTUSKS.COM BLOG
  • Start date
Florida State vs. Maryland
While Maryland remained perfect at home last week (like The Expert told you they would), The Expert still likes the CrimiNoles on the road this week. Their rushing defense and offense matches up really well against the Terps. Maryland has been scraping by against teams like North Carolina that don’t have a lot of talent, but they will have their hands full with Florida State as the Noles hand them their first home loss. Florida St 34 Maryland 7

Mary-land will win the game. FSU has way too many problems with OFF the Field stuff and with some coaches problems that Maryland will win at home.

But then again it is the ACC....

Randy, great job as usual. I love the column, but I have to ask this..

Did you write the Penn State game portion of it before they played the Iowa game?

The Expert questioned if the Nittany Lions could stop a team with a solid rushing attack, but those fears were put to rest when Penn State gave Ohio State nothing on the ground a few weeks ago. Javon Ringer is a fine running back, perhaps the best in the country, but Penn State will win this one in the trenches forcing the Spartans to go to the air and they are not very comfortable doing that. Penn State 31 Michigan State 17

If anything, PSU got exposed by a solid running back and rushing attack.

Michigan State has a long and storied history of folding under pressure, and if they lose I doubt it's due to PSU's defense as much as it is State's impotence.

porkchop said:
Randy, great job as usual. I love the column, but I have to ask this..

Did you write the Penn State game portion of it before they played the Iowa game?

The Expert questioned if the Nittany Lions could stop a team with a solid rushing attack, but those fears were put to rest when Penn State gave Ohio State nothing on the ground a few weeks ago. Javon Ringer is a fine running back, perhaps the best in the country, but Penn State will win this one in the trenches forcing the Spartans to go to the air and they are not very comfortable doing that. Penn State 31 Michigan State 17

If anything, PSU got exposed by a solid running back and rushing attack.

Michigan State has a long and storied history of folding under pressure, and if they lose I doubt it's due to PSU's defense as much as it is State's impotence.

I give you Mr. Ringer's first half rushing stats:

11 carries, 29 yards, 2.6 YPC

Back
Top Bottom