| FTBL Queremos Bama! Mexico fans call for Alabama after upsetting Germany at 2018 World Cup

One of the great calls we heard on the 2nd and 26 was the Spanish version. Their first love will always be Futbol, but they try hard to keep up with our football.

He sounded a whole lot more excited than Eli Gold, I'll tell you that much. Outside of Scott Howard, Eli Gold was the least excited/impressed to me. I guess he's seen a lot and most of everything, so he just doesn't impress me at all. I grew up on Larry Munson, so maybe I was spoiled there. I liked Sean McDonough (spelling?) and his voice cracking, but it was gold.

An Iranian started this...but let's not let facts get into the story.

Reddit tried to make a joke out of her not even knowing the Mexican flag.

Sounds like reddit. However, there were several posts on twitter prior to that one saying the same thing.

EDIT: Also looks like SDS can't tell the difference between the flags either. To be fair though, most Americans can't point out Iran and Mexico on a map, let alone know their flags, so I'll give them a pass :D

He sounded a whole lot more excited than Eli Gold, I'll tell you that much. Outside of Scott Howard, Eli Gold was the least excited/impressed to me. I guess he's seen a lot and most of everything, so he just doesn't impress me at all. I grew up on Larry Munson, so maybe I was spoiled there. I liked Sean McDonough (spelling?) and his voice cracking, but it was gold.

The thing that was disappointing to me about Eli was the lack of spontaneity in the winning moment. You could tell that he was so ready with his handcrafted message about climbing the mountain again he didn't let the most unbelievable moment in Bama football history just play out on its own. He had plenty of time later on in the broadcast to get in all the historical perspective stuff.

The thing that was disappointing to me about Eli was the lack of spontaneity in the winning moment. You could tell that he was so ready with his handcrafted message about climbing the mountain again he didn't let the most unbelievable moment in Bama football history just play out on its own. He had plenty of time later on in the broadcast to get in all the historical perspective stuff.

Ha Ha, I have noticed he absolutely loves saying "ascended to the top of the college football mountain". Glad someone else agrees with me on his call. A lot of people hated Verne, but I loved him because he truly got into those exciting moments and made them great.

Back
Top Bottom