| RECRUIT QB Paul Tyson (Hewitt Trussville) vs QB Taulia Tagovailoa (Thompson) PART II 11/16

H-T clearly the better team, Taulia just the underdog puncher in this game. Maybe he gets the knockout, likely not.

I don't agree with this. Thompson has been driving all night long. Biggest difference was two misses on fourth down, otherwise the first half would have been a lot closer. Taulia has missed some passes, but he has a complete game to keep his team in it and got them back. Their running backs are very solid. Just two good teams trading blows. Offenses are different as well which makes it look like Hewitt Trussville is better since they are throwing it all over the field. Tyson is a gunslinger and Lia likes to sling it, but can use legs when he struggles.

H-T clearly the better team, Taulia just the underdog puncher in this game. Maybe he gets the knockout, likely not.

I don't agree with this. Thompson has been driving all night long. Biggest difference was two misses on fourth down, otherwise the first half would have been a lot closer. Taulia has missed some passes, but he has a complete game to keep his team in it and got them back. Their running backs are very solid. Just two good teams trading blows. Offenses are different as well which makes it look like Hewitt Trussville is better since they are throwing it all over the field. Tyson is a gunslinger and Lia likes to sling it, but can use legs when he struggles.

I see your point, but I see Thompson with a thinner margin for error, as you noted with them having to go for 4th down tries. Thompson is playing much better in 2nd half, but I still think H-T RBs are better.

I see your point, but I see Thompson with a thinner margin for error, as you noted with them having to go for 4th down tries. Thompson is playing much better in 2nd half, but I still think H-T RBs are better.

Missed the first quarter but Thompson has been beating them down otherwise... And not just Tulia.... Mostly that running game. JMO

The running backs have been a pleasure to watch. You're right, they are dang good.

Little bro is obviously a great HS player, but it would be a mistake to expect the Tua type. Tua looked more physically ready in terms of muscle and obviously the way he spins it with the left hand is elite. Young buck has a sweet release too but a ways to go. Don't see Jalen getting beat out by two Tungavalioa's if he RS's next year....

Little bro is obviously a great HS player, but it would be a mistake to expect the Tua type. Tua looked more physically ready in terms of muscle and obviously the way he spins it with the left hand is elite. Young buck has a sweet release too but a ways to go. Don't see Jalen getting beat out by two Tungavalioa's if he RS's next year....
You know Tua gained weight last year through off season. Tauila will do the same.

You know Tua gained weight last year through off season. Tauila will do the same.

Tua's lower body is a brick shit house. Lots of power. Tuailia definetly quicker in the open field but as far as strength & movement in the pocket, Tua is built for it.

I had a co-worker that was taking a group up there to see this game. I had a couple of local teams I had to cover but I figured this would be an epic game.

Can't think of a better HS game that I've seen... Tons of talent, great story lines, great come back... Awesome game.

Well, I got to watch one team beat a team of 17 kids into oblivion with 6 minute second-half quarters. So, I guess I didn't miss out too much :bandhead:

Tell me if I saw this wrong or not. They showed Tua several times throughout the game and someone beside him in a hoodie but could not see their face. Right at the end, got a quick look at the face and I could swear it was Jalen. I figured if that really was him, they might have mentioned it on the broadcast.