| LIFE Proud Dad

Wanted to share with y’all a proud Dad moment. My son has decided to join the Coast Guard. He’s going to be an AST (rescue swimmer), but there is a wait of 12-18 months to get into RS school, so he’s going to be placed in the AST/RS MAPP (AST/Rescue Swimmer Mentorship and Preparation program)/non rate.

Pretty damn proud.
Congrats and good luck to your son.

Wanted to share with y’all a proud Dad moment. My son has decided to join the Coast Guard. He’s going to be an AST (rescue swimmer), but there is a wait of 12-18 months to get into RS school, so he’s going to be placed in the AST/RS MAPP (AST/Rescue Swimmer Mentorship and Preparation program)/non rate.

Pretty damn proud.

May he have "wise seamanship and constant vigilance so that safety will prevail".

Having a son serve is a bittersweet experience (my son is USMC). I highly suggest you write him once a week, give him encouragement in each letter & bolster his resiliance. And I do mean write a letter. He'll save those letters for life.

May he have "wise seamanship and constant vigilance so that safety will prevail".

Having a son serve is a bittersweet experience (my son is USMC). I highly suggest you write him once a week, give him encouragement in each letter & bolster his resiliance. And I do mean write a letter. He'll save those letters for life.
Thank you sir, I really appreciate it. I hope your son remains safe also. Thanks for that, that’s a great idea

Back
Top Bottom