Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Tonight marks Saban's SIXTH NCG appearance in 13 full years, starting from his 1st.

And if and WHEN we win, it'll be 6 titles in that time span.

If you factor out his 2 seasons with the Phins, that's 6 titles in 11 seasons as a CFB coach.

Obviously, we know he'll only have won 5 while in Tuscaloosa.

But 6 titles averaging about one every other season he's coached in college?

Obviously so many comparisons have been argued between Saban and Bear.

But Bear won 6 titles, starting from his 1st, in 25 seasons as a CFB coach.

We win tonight, and Saban will have won as many in less than half the time.

If the trend holds and we win another in the next year or two, that will be unprecedented... as if what he's already done isn't unprecedented enough.

Man, it's great to be a Bama fan.

Last edited:
Tonight marks Saban's SIXTH NCG appearance in 13 full years.

And if and WHEN we win, it'll be 6 titles in that time span.

If you factor out his 2 seasons with the Phins, that's 6 titles in 11 seasons as a CFB coach.

Obviously, we know he'll only have won 5 while in Tuscaloosa.

But 6 titles averaging about one every other season he's coached in college?

Obviously so many comparisons have been argued between Saban and Bear.

But Bear won 6 titles in 25 seasons as a CFB coach.

We win tonight, and Saban will have won as many in less than half the time.

If the trend holds and we win another in the next year or two, that will be unprecedented... as if what he's already done isn't unprecedented enough.

Man, it's great to be a Bama fan.

if you want to be completely honest and factual, he was a head coach for 38 years; starting in 1945 at Maryland.

but obviously he only won national titles while at 'BAMA.

to compare the two is natural given the way ALABAMA has been so dominant the past few years. it reminds a lot of people of how dominant Coach Bryant's teams were in the 60s and 70s. and to many, there's no comparison.

Coach Bryant was so well-liked and loved in this state, on the day he died and the day of his funeral, the entire state seemed to stop what it was doing and pay respect to the legend. and i mean that literally. i can still remember the day he died and the day he was buried. it was on every station for pretty much the entire day. and his funeral procession was covered by every outlet from the time it left the church in Tuscaloosa until it stopped at Elmwood Cemetery in Birmingham.

the interstates were basically closed, and every over-pass was lined with people waving, crying, and holding signs and banners showing their love of the man.

to so, so many he was larger than life and honestly seemed like a god among men and almost untouchable. if you saw him in person, it was like you couldn't speak because you were in the presence of greatness and all you could do was listen. he that effect on people everywhere he went. even if you weren't a fan of ALABAMA, you respected him and the things he'd done.

but i honestly don't think it will be that way when Coach Saban dies (as morbid as it is to think about it). yes, he is well-liked and loved and well-respected by many who aren't even ALABAMA fans. but i honestly doubt his funeral will be anything close to what Coach Bryant's was. and i don't mean that in any negative way. i honestly can't remember seeing a presidential funeral with more people than he had at his. he was THAT well loved and respected.

but when that day comes, i can assure you i'll probably cry as i did when i got the news of Coach Bryant passing.....
and i'm sorry for turning this into something so saddening. it's just what came into my head when i started typing.

if you want to be completely honest and factual, he was a head coach for 38 years; starting in 1945 at Maryland.

but obviously he only won national titles while at 'BAMA.

to compare the two is natural given the way ALABAMA has been so dominant the past few years. it reminds a lot of people of how dominant Coach Bryant's teams were in the 60s and 70s. and to many, there's no comparison.

Coach Bryant was so well-liked and loved in this state, on the day he died and the day of his funeral, the entire state seemed to stop what it was doing and pay respect to the legend. and i mean that literally. i can still remember the day he died and the day he was buried. it was on every station for pretty much the entire day. and his funeral procession was covered by every outlet from the time it left the church in Tuscaloosa until it stopped at Elmwood Cemetery in Birmingham.

the interstates were basically closed, and every over-pass was lined with people waving, crying, and holding signs and banners showing their love of the man.

to so, so many he was larger than life and honestly seemed like a god among men and almost untouchable. if you saw him in person, it was like you couldn't speak because you were in the presence of greatness and all you could do was listen. he that effect on people everywhere he went. even if you weren't a fan of ALABAMA, you respected him and the things he'd done.

but i honestly don't think it will be that way when Coach Saban dies (as morbid as it is to think about it). yes, he is well-liked and loved and well-respected by many who aren't even ALABAMA fans. but i honestly doubt his funeral will be anything close to what Coach Bryant's was. and i don't mean that in any negative way. i honestly can't remember seeing a presidential funeral with more people than he had at his. he was THAT well loved and respected.

but when that day comes, i can assure you i'll probably cry as i did when i got the news of Coach Bryant passing.....
and i'm sorry for turning this into something so saddening. it's just what came into my head when i started typing.

Kentucky 1950 NC. Don't laugh we claim 1941.

main_nc.jpg

Led by legendary coach Paul �Bear� Bryant, Kentucky is the 1950 national champion according to the Sagarin Computer Ratings.
KENTUCKY IS THE 1950 NATIONAL CHAMPION,according to Jeff Sagarin, who handles computer rankings for USA Today. Sagarin, who has generated computer ratings since the 1970s, has reconstructed earlier seasons and his computer rates the Wildcats as tops for the 1950 campaign.
At the time, the national champs were crowned after the regular season but before the bowl games. UK finished the regular season with a 10-1 record and No. 7 ranking before knocking off No. 1 Oklahoma, 13-7, in the Sugar Bowl.
Four teams can lay claim to the 1950 title, according to the official NCAA record book. Six selectors went with Oklahoma (final record 10-1), six picked Tennessee (11-1), two chose Princeton (9-0) and one – the Sagarin ratings – named Kentucky (11-1).
Kentucky finished 5-1 in the Southeastern Conference in 1950 and won the school’s first league championship in football.​
feature_bryant.jpg
Paul “Bear” Bryant, one of the greatest coaches in college football history, spent eight years at UK (1946-53) and compiled a 60-23-5 (.710) record.​

We are watching history unfold regardless of the outcome tonight, but it would be soooo sweet to see yet another feather in Saint Nick's cap. Whether it's the Bear or CNS, goddamn, we are so incredibly lucky.

At most schools, they play. At Bama, they WIN. And CNS eats, drinks, and sleeps wins. We are watching history and an incredible run so enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom