Ok folks, lets here it! Your favorite places to eat at the beach?

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
I'll stick with Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, but feel free to post about wherever you wish... Doc's (the one on Canal Rd.), EAT, and LuLu's. Several other really good ones, but those are the 3 I hit every time I'm down there...

Tacky Jacks in OB.

I prefer Orange Beach over Gulf Shores, we always stay in OB...but end up driving to GS alot.

Ft. Morgan area is the place to stay...IF you have the time and $$ to afford one of the house rentals.

Several years ago I spent two weeks there in the summer...saw four people on the beach. Four.

Haven't been up that way quite a few years, so I don't remember much about the restaurants. I've got a story or twelve from the old FloraBama, though.

If you ever make it down this way I can point you in the right direction of whatever it is you want to eat at the beach, from dive beach bars to upscale dining.

I also like a few of the selections at the Original Oyster House.

Another quality place. Some times better than others, but when they're on, they're on.

There is a newer place by Perdido Pass called The Gulf that folks have been raving about. I'm gonna have to try it out. Neat looking place on the water with outside seating and the restaurant itself is made out of shipping containers.

We stay at Grande Pointe, just on the West side of the pass - indoor, outdoor pools - really really really long walk to the beach (which I tried to walk barefoot the first time - easily 300yds and it was hotter than hell). My kids still laugh at me for being a dumbass.

The thing I like about OB, its outta the way from all the Gulf Shores hustle.

Lambert's is always fun.

The restaurant at Zeke's landing has always been terrific when we have been there. Fresh seafood, great view. It is a little pricey.

Last edited:
Lambert's is always fun.

You know I lived down there for years, and now travel down there regularly, and I've still to this day never eaten at Lambert's. I know folks love it, but I guess I'm just not into veggies that much and it was just always marketed like a tourist trap. I need to eat there one day though, especially if the okra is good. And I do like rolls. Always just seemed like a place you'd find in Pigeon Forge, not Foley...

You know I lived down there for years, and now travel down there regularly, and I've still to this day never eaten at Lambert's. I know folks love it, but I guess I'm just not into veggies that much and it was just always marketed like a tourist trap. I need to eat there one day though, especially if the okra is good. And I do like rolls. Always just seemed like a place you'd find in Pigeon Forge, not Foley...

I'm with you, never been there. It's too far from where I stay (Perdido area). Unless I paid for the foley express (not likely I'm too cheap).

Wolf Bay
Sea n Suds
The Original Oyster House

That's 3 that I have to go to when I visit about 3 times a year.

My wife like Wolf Bay, so we eat there. I've nothing against it... to me it's like The Oyster House, some nights are better than others... the original location kicked ass though... amazing how fires destroy so many great restaurants...

It's been a while since I've been to Sea N Suds.

We always hit Doc's (on Canal, yes indeed) and Sea N Suds. You can't beat the view from Sea N Suds, the food is good, beer is cold and prices are reasonable. If you want a little nicer, over at San Roc Cay (at the perdido bridge) is Louisiana Lagniappe (Cajun) and Grazie's (Italian). Cosmo's on Canal is a good spot to have a drink and dinner.

Lambert's is good, and don't let the idea that it's a veggies place sway you - it is a country cooking place, though. Everything is all you can eat, although you rarely need to ask for more. The chicken fried steak is good and the size of a plate, as is the liver and just about everything else - one of my boys will usually get a gizzard plate, and it's just mounded up. I recommend going about 3pm when the wait is less. you won't eat again until breakfast, if then.

If you want to venture a bit from the beach, anything I've ever eaten in Fairhope is good (casual great is Panini Pete's, more dressy is the Fairhope Inn). The Wash House in Point Clear is excellent, and I prefer the Wentzell's in Point Clear over OB.

Places to avoid - Hazels and Jake's Grill in OB. The Crab Trap on the FL side of Perdido. Let my misfortune be your cheap lesson.

We'll be down in June.

Best Pit Stop on the way - Priester's in Ft. Deposit. Think Cracker Barrel if it was a candy shop. Free samples!

Back
Top Bottom