| FTBL Official game thread

I hope we stay with Upchurch at RB. He seems to be hitting the hole just a bit faster than Coffee.

I'd still use Coffee on short down situations though. Our running game is a lot better against a tougher defense than we've seen in the last two weeks. Even though we have missed a few golden chances, our guys now see that we can play with them. We have a good chance.

That was a bad call to go after that punt in my opinion. We get the ball around midfield without the pressure.

Oh well. Let's hope we can stop them again.

this season has been too damn hard on my emotions.

i was up; then down; then up again; then down again; then down even worse.

i had a good feeling about the game today and thought we'd do a better job of containing the run with some veterans back on the o-line. that didn't pan out like i'd hoped.

now i'm almost in tears as i sit here thinking how we lost not only 6 years in a row, but how we lost a game we should've won. twice we were in range for a fairly easy 6 points and couldn't capitalize.

thankfully this first season is over, with respect to Coach Saban's first year at the helm, and we can start working on next year.

and work is exactly what we'll need.

with our three main receivers leaving, DJ Hall, Keith Brown, and Matt Caddell, we'll need the underclassmen to step up and take control of their respective positions.

which leads me to think we'll be doing more running plays next year while our receivers get field-time and get used to being in a game-day situation.

any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom