| FTBL NFL Draft hurting Bama's recruiting

Swamptick

Verified Member
I was wondering what y'all thought about yesterdays draft, Alabama's NO-show, the influence of media on the draft and most importantly whether or not our lack of draft picks will be used against us in the recruiting wars.

I would love input. I have my own opinions on it but want to know what some of you think about it. Is this a non issue? Is it something that will hurt us? If so what can Coach Saban do to counteract it?

I think it is a non-issue. Those results are based on a past staff, and CNS has a proven record of developing NFL caliber players, and I think the recruits are aware of that.

eshad said:
I think it is a non-issue. Those results are based on a past staff, and CNS has a proven record of developing NFL caliber players, and I think the recruits are aware of that.

Absolutely. I think Saban has done a great job of selling recruits on the opportunity to play early at Alabama, and I think he will use this as another way to emphasize that fact.

Now, with the exception of the class with DeMeco, Mark Anderson, Brodie Croyle, and those guys...we have not had a solid NFL pipeline coming from BAMA in a while. Certainly recruits notice this type of thing since most top-recruits want to go to the NFL...but I don't think it will effect Bama as much as it might with some other schools since we do have Saban, who has proven that he absolutely can develope players in to an NFL type prospect.

Saban's national championship at LSU was only 4 years ago, and is still fresh on people's minds. And I'd imagine that most prospects are aware that many of the top draft picks coming from LSU are still recruits from the Saban era there. (Not trying to take away from Miles, because he certainly has had a shake in how these recruits were developed, and has certainly picked up right where Saban left off as far as recruiting and on-field production)

Ditto. For those recruits looking for early PT now is the time to come to Bama. When the drawer gets a little more full it will be a bit harder to get the early PT guys.

psychojoe said:
Ditto. For those recruits looking for early PT now is the time to come to Bama. When the drawer gets a little more full it will be a bit harder to get the early PT guys.

In a couple of years, one of the threads you are going to see around all the Bama boards are going to be dealing around the subject is _________ leaving after his Jr. year? I can't say I'll feel bad seeing those kinds of threads.

I did manage to catch most of Kirk Herbstreit on ESPN Radio today. The subject of Bama not having any players taken in the draft did come up...only for Kirk to interject, "give it a couple of years...with Saban's recruiting, Bama will be an NFL factory in a few years."

It is DEVASTATING...to Mike Shula's '09 recruiting class.

It effects Bama no more than the Dolphins benefit from our '08 recruiting masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom