| CURRENT EVENTS NASA says two astronauts will be stuck in space until February 2025

Nasa has decided that the two astronauts currently stuck on the International Space Station will return next February on a SpaceX-crewed Dragon flight where two seats have been made available for Sunita “Suni” Williams and Barry “Butch” Wilmore.

Space agency officials said there was “too much uncertainty” for the astronauts to return on the craft that brought them to the space station, Boeing’s Starliner, which has had problems after the capsule sprang small leaks and some of its thrusters failed.

The announcement comes after an “agency-level review” on Saturday that included Bill Nelson, the agency administrator.

“Nasa has decided that Butch and Suni will return with [SpaceX’s] Crew-9 next February, and that Starliner will return uncrewed,” Nelson said in a press conference on Saturday.

It'll be interesting when Boeing brings their craft back. If it makes it back fine, they can say they were vindicated. If not, yet another black eye.

The craziest thing about the incessant drumbeat that started with two fatal accidents in a 737 Max by international crews is that both crews made monumental errors at takeoff, and had such low hours in any equipment that they lacked the basic skills to address avoidable issues.

I work in supply chain within the Aerospace industry. It kills me how bad Boeing has shit the bed.
Oh man.

If I had the need to find some weed...a quick trip to the Boeing plant here in town and I can find all one would need.

When we were in the bar business our place was a couple of miles from the Boeing plant (Dream liner.) Those guys would be in the bar at lunch every day...drinkin', smokin' a little weed, and then going back to put together a plane.

Oh man.

If I had the need to find some weed...a quick trip to the Boeing plant here in town and I can find all one would need.

When we were in the bar business our place was a couple of miles from the Boeing plant (Dream liner.) Those guys would be in the bar at lunch every day...drinkin', smokin' a little weed, and then going back to put together a plane.
In our heyday my company was owned by L3 and we employed over 1,000 people (~250 now). One of our manufacturer leads told us that around 2003-4, they'd all go to the strip club after their shift lol.

Our guys were making bank in those days too. I had a lead tell me that in 2003 he was making close to 100K per year because of all the OT.

I had a lot of visits to Northrop Grumman and F14 parts in the 90s..
Sadly, aerospace has been hijacked by finance type CEOs... unimaginative jack asses who only think in the short term.

Boeing used to be a company ran by engineers. After they merged with McDonnell Douglas, they started implementing business decisions that prioritized the balance sheet and income statement rather than the quality of the material they were producing.

I almost melted down last month when Mission Space malfunctioned at Epcot and the simulator wouldn't start (or open) for several minutes. Only the 2nd time in my life I've dealt with claustrophobia. 0% chance I could make it "stranded" in space when I only signed up for a week stay. Just shoot me.
In that situation...I probably wouldn't have a lot of control over anger emotions.

In that situation...I probably wouldn't have a lot of control over anger emotions.

After 30 seconds or so, I made the joke to the wife and kid that the ride may have broken down and we'd be stranded in there for a while. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, it kinda hit me that the ride may have actually broken down and we'd be stranded in there for a while. I wasn't in the joking mood from there on.

After 30 seconds or so, I made the joke to the wife and kid that the ride may have broken down and we'd be stranded in there for a while. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, it kinda hit me that the ride may have actually broken down and we'd be stranded in there for a while. I wasn't in the joking mood from there on.
I can't remember the name of the hurricane that came through here in the late '90's. I can remember the truck breaking down on the I when people were fleeing town. It was a hopeless feeling...one of those "fuck!" I had a guy tow the truck over 120 miles...charged me $80. How's that for price gouging?

Back
Top Bottom