| NEWS N.C.A.A. Clock May Be Running Out on Graduate Transfers

I thought this might come up. There is a difference to be found if we're talking tax codes.

'Tis a bit funny to me we're talking about one where you'd face punishment and another where there is no penalty to be found.
No....
One is using system established....get what you can ie using the system ...the other is cheating ( claiming items you dont have or arent allowed....) illegal
Big difference

Is this true though? The average GSR across the NCAA is at 88%. Are we seeing that kind of number with grad transfers achieving their degree?

Is this any different than a kid saying "he's having a hardship" because he's not playing? Is that within in the intent of the rule(s?)

If any player can walk through the transfer portal with impunity from the moment he gets here, and stats are pointing that way, it's hard to see graduate transfers as a Waterloo moment for college football? Maybe the players will simply figure out it's more advantageous to change locations before they graduate?

If the NCAA leaves the front door open there's very little need for players to try and unlock the back.

'Tis a bit funny to me we're talking about one where you'd face punishment and another where there is no penalty to be found.

Is this true though? The average GSR across the NCAA is at 88%. Are we seeing that kind of number with grad transfers achieving their degree?

Is this any different than a kid saying "he's having a hardship" because he's not playing? Is that within in the intent of the rule(s?)

No my whole point....is simple....you get ur degrees...you earned the right ( to me anyway)...
You transfer to a graduate level.... we know its to play ball... that’s within the rules...and adding a stigma that you have to graduate or a transfer penalty is added.. BS...whats the point... whats the harm... i dont see an issue.. a lot of difference between something earned and something subjected....in regards to "having a BS hardship " ...its ok though if it’s within the "intent of the rules" just not a open transfer thing
Dont know we are really disagreeing...

If any player can walk through the transfer portal with impunity from the moment he gets here, and stats are pointing that way, it's hard to see graduate transfers as a Waterloo moment for college football? Maybe the players will simply figure out it's more advantageous to change locations before they graduate?

If the NCAA leaves the front door open there's very little need for players to try and unlock the back.
And once opened...as was "pandoras box" it wont be reclosed....as you say... @TUSKtimes

. BS...whats the point... whats the harm... i dont see an issue..
What's the point? That is the point. It's bullshit. And when bullshit enters something like this it's always an issue.

The bullshit here is in the form of a lie. It's the kids saying they're doing one thing and then doing another. A lie isn't "using the system."

I agree with Tusk that this isn't a Waterloo moment if we're looking for significant changes in the current transfer system. However, at one point there needs to be some accountability.

A lie isn't "using the system."
Can be. Shouldn't be.
You drawing right or wrong as a
point
The system has a sliding scale
From completely right ( or wrong) to fuzzy ( system allows but fuzzy)
A............................................................Z
The cost of scholarship if graduation is attained is the difference in issues
The present system is effective why jingle it

Back
Top Bottom