| FTBL Mt. Cody

G

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=806609

I know part of this is already posted by Terry but after reading the article....I had to post it...you realized we have a very special player coming to Alabama.

Great quote

"We had a little running back that weighed about 150, and one day Terrence landed on top of him," Jones said. "All you could see of this kid out from under Terrence was a foot sticking out, but it was moving, so we at least knew he was alive. Then we put in the Terrence rule, that he can only wrap up and release. He didn't like that."

That's a great story. Thank you for the link.
Sounds like the sky is the limit for this young man.
Hope to see him in crimson soon.

Nice article, I'm very excited about him and I think he can make an immediate impact. You guys think he can contribute immediately, or does he have a lot of work to do to be in SEC shape?

weezyfbaby00 said:
Nice article, I'm very excited about him and I think he can make an immediate impact. You guys think he can contribute immediately, or does he have a lot of work to do to be in SEC shape?

i'm sure he can get some snaps on 1st downs and short yardage immediately regardless of conditioning.

weezyfbaby00 said:

There was a quote about the "SEC shape" by his coach, who I guess used to coach at Miss St with Jackie Sherrill. He didn't seem to think it would be a problem for him, which was good news.

It's funny how he's such a kid at heart. With the spiderman and batman sheets. He reminds me of when Bob Sapp played in The Longest Yard. Big as hell but young at heart. After reading that link, when I think of Cody now, I think, "Can you teach me to football?" I'm not making fun or anything like that. I think it's great that we have a player who seems so young at heart, but can rip your head off.

WOW, the article posted is quite impressive. The uphill stretch anecdote is amazing, how the hell could have he finished the run up the hill? and hey, it's not about the time clocked. :shock:

FWIW why has BOL published free this article?

RTR,

After the article stressed that the NG of a 3-4 defense had the sole job of sucking up a double team, I love the way his coach implied that this would be no issue.

If the DEs can keep the play from getting outside, that helps negate a great deal of the benefits that come from running plays by a spread offense. One can not "Spread" too much when you're forced to play inside a phone booth.

Re: the palming the laptop line. When compare the width of a laptop with the size of a football, it make me wonder if Mt. Cody could all but conceal the ball inside his grip.

LBS said:
After the article stressed that the NG of a 3-4 defense had the sole job of sucking up a double team, I love the way his coach implied that this would be no issue.

If the DEs can keep the play from getting outside, that helps negate a great deal of the benefits that come from running plays by a spread offense. One can not "Spread" too much when you're forced to play inside a phone booth.

Re: the palming the laptop line. When compare the width of a laptop with the size of a football, it make me wonder if Mt. Cody could all but conceal the ball inside his grip.

FB dive? lol

Kc said:
LBS said:

FB dive? lol

Another "Fridge" Perry play???? :;bou

Kc said:
LBS said:

FB dive? lol

Ah, the 'Fridge has the ball. How cute. Now step aside and let a man run the ball. :lol:

Fake the Fullback dive, bootleg and look for the Tightend in the back corner. How does a team cover all that?

LBS said:
Kc said:
LBS said:

FB dive? lol

Ah, the 'Fridge has the ball. How cute. Now step aside and let a man run the ball. :lol:

Fake the Fullback dive, bootleg and look for the Tightend in the back corner. How does a team cover all that?
Only works if you set it up with the FB dive lol

Back
Top Bottom