| FTBL Mind of Mike: Lincoln Riley and Cowardice

This guy did nothing but kiss his butt for years about being a "quarterback guru" and recruiting phenom. Guess he is having to pull a George Costanza and do the opposite of everything he has ever done to try and regain some form of celebrity in the recruiting industry again.

A lot of internal issues are bubbling under the surface at USC... the same thing was happening when Riley was in Norman... and while managing a roster full of top level athletes is never easy (look at Kirby), you have to at least try to do it... not just ignore issues. Riley has no desire, or ability, to manage the issues. There's no real structure or accountability... just a ticking time bomb.

A lot of internal issues are bubbling under the surface at USC... the same thing was happening when Riley was in Norman... and while managing a roster full of top level athletes is never easy (look at Kirby), you have to at least try to do it... not just ignore issues. Riley has no desire, or ability, to manage the issues. There's no real structure or accountability... just a ticking time bomb.
Put me in an HC position at a FBS school and I'd hire him immediately as a WR coach. Great route concepts. I wouldn't let him touch my offense, or my QB's. He's as mental on that front as Harbaugh is about eating chicken.

It's almost like Mullen when you had a group talking about his role as possible OC in Tuscaloosa. My whole point about that rumor was "look at what he did to the UF program." In this case, look at what he did to OU's program. He burnt what Stoops built there as badly as he burns brisket.

Sure had some success. Few others were in CFPs as much

But. I agree. Maybe young coaches have such issues because if lack experience

Maybe would have said a lot of same stuff about Liffin n Sark. Before NS took them. Redirected focus

I still have a problem with this.

IF your WR's are running wide open, what development is happening with your QB's? Hitting a guy in stride that's 15 yards past his coverage?
Understandable! Jalen seems to be the only one that has somewhat proven to survive in the NFL. I’ll amend my statement to say WR’s and play calling. Still sucks as a HC!!

Well. True. There are a lot better QBs
But Eagles have put together a pretty good overall team.

But. Thats the same for many. jH eill provide good leadership along with mediocre football skills
This fall, you will understand what I've been saying for the last few years with LR.

You'll see receivers "schemed open" and all the attention will be on Jalen.

Brandon made a GREAT observation/comment recently that I assumed most people, well, assumed. If you watch Udub, or any of his previous stops, you can see.

"I'm worried about Jalen reading a defense!" In a two, three read progression with the coach telling him what they are seeing.

I"m not tryin' to pump sunshine here, Big A. It's like a puzzle...just putting different pieces together and looking at the picture I'm seeing.

Riley is an A1 screwup!
The dumba$$ accused Alabama of sceduling patsies. ( Clemson, Va Tech - before they were horrible, West Virginia, Fla State, Michigan, Wisconsin, USC, Penn State, Texas, etc.)
Put that up against Any of his oklahoma, or USC OOC schedules!

OK.... rant over. I just had to let that out.

I'll be over the bitterness now. ;)

This fall, you will understand what I've been saying for the last few years with LR.

Brandon made a GREAT observation/comment recently that I assumed most people, well, assumed. If you watch Udub, or any of his previous stops, you can see.

"I'm worried about Jalen reading a defense!" In a two, three read progression with the coach telling him what they are seeing.

I"m not tryin' to pump sunshine here, Big A. It's like a puzzle...just putting different pieces together and looking at the picture I'm seeing.
So. Lsu n USCw opener. ...be a tough one to decide to pull for. Lol

Sure makes one ready for football ( cooler weather...going to BD...camping..getting over this frickin XXXX....closing pool...turning a/c off......).... yep...i know....leaf fall...yuck

Back to. JH

First mondaynite nfl. Philadelphia n Baltimore. Lot of bama. Derrick henry now a Raven.

So. Lsu n USCw opener. ...be a tough one to decide to pull for. Lol

Sure makes one ready for football ( cooler weather...going to BD...camping..getting over this frickin XXXX....closing pool...turning a/c off......).... yep...i know....leaf fall...yuck
I think , if you are a betting man (I’m not), LSU -6 may be the best bet of the opening weekend, if not the entire season.

Back
Top Bottom