| FTBL Melvin Ray to sign MLB contract/ Johnson's case dismissed

I've got mixed opinions on Ray's situation. On the one hand I'm selfish and want to see him play football for us and wear crimson, but on the other hand he's got a chance to play MLB some day so that's hard to turn down.

After hearing that he was drafted in the later rounds (equals smaller signing bonus) and that he was discribed as a project, I really thought he might stay in college.

Oh well, we're losing a good one but I have to wish him the best of luck.

porkchop said:
I've got mixed opinions on Ray's situation. On the one hand I'm selfish and want to see him play football for us and wear crimson, but on the other hand he's got a chance to play MLB some day so that's hard to turn down.

After hearing that he was drafted in the later rounds (equals smaller signing bonus) and that he was discribed as a project, I really thought he might stay in college.

Oh well, we're losing a good one but I have to wish him the best of luck.

Ray's father said Coach Saban was very supportive. I think that shows alot of class on Coach's part. Not that it comes as a shock.

"Coach (Nick) Saban was very supportive," Ray, Sr., said.

I have to say I am all for Ray going. I don't know the young man but the offer to make money now is big. I love football but I also like baseball and like to see talented people going to play it.

Back
Top Bottom