| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Mel Brook Films?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Which film hit your funny bone?

Me will I guess it would be Young Frankenstein had some great actor and future one too. I'm still waiting for the History of the World Part II to come out . It been since 1981 when the first one came out. I know awhile back we talk about Blazing Saddles how great it was.

Young Frankenstein, the Producers, High Anxiety, Blazing Saddles. I used to love Space Balls when I was a kid, due to my Star Wars fandom, but its appeal has kinda waned on me as of late.

Young Frankenstein, the Producers, High Anxiety, Blazing Saddles. I used to love Space Balls when I was a kid, due to my Star Wars fandom, but its appeal has kinda waned on me as of late.

Sorry, I can't say the same about Space Balls. That movie still rocks!

The Producers was okay; Springtime For Hitler still cracks me up. Nathan Lane, for that matter, cracks me up.

This is still one of my favorite Mel Brooks moments:

Blazing Saddles is one of those movies (there are only a few) which made me laugh until I hurt. In this politically correct world that we live in, I am not sure if even Mel Brooks could get away with some of those lines. Animal House, the first Caddy Shack, the first Airplane, Monty Python and the Holy Grail... my sense of humor seems to be stuck in the late seventies.

Blazing Saddles is one of those movies (there are only a few) which made me laugh until I hurt. In this politically correct world that we live in, I am not sure if even Mel Brooks could get away with some of those lines. Animal House, the first Caddy Shack, the first Airplane, Monty Python and the Holy Grail... my sense of humor seems to be stuck in the late seventies.

You just listed most of my favorite movies :five:

All of those are right there with me. We had a VHS of Animal House running in our chapter room almost 24 hours a day. Someone was always sprawled on the couch watching it.

If there were only a first Caddy Shack the world would be a better place.

With my kids, I was exposed to a good bit of Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell. Some of their stuff is pretty funny too, in a similar low-brow way.

In addition to those comedies, I'm a big fan of Raising Arizona, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Kingpin, Vacation Office Space, Steve Martin (The Jerk and Planes/Trains/Autos with Candy are awesome), and I watch Ground Hog Day every time I run across it.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom