| MBB/WBB đźŹ€đźŹ† ~ MARCH MADNESS 2024: The Final Four- Purdue vs. UConn (Tonight 8:20 pm on TBS)

So don't watch. It's the risk the NCAA takes with all of this. For you to want something perfect will never exist and is complaining just to complain. UCONN was a juggernaut and it doesn't matter who played them, just like Alabama in 2020 for football. Sometimes a team is just really freaking good.
Bama was actually the best match for UConn..but it’s over now..

The way the ratings were going with the big matchups for the women’s games, I’m surprised they didn’t schedule that for prime time, even on Sunday night. The game had an enormous audience, even at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon. It’s a strange time for such an event and it still did well. Imagine if that game had been at 7:30pm.

So Purdue and Painter had one plan and one plan only, feed Edey and hope to foul every UConn big out. That strategy got Edey tons of points but also got them an ass whipping!
UConn strategy, let Edey get his but silence everyone else! Purdue had 7 3 point attempts for the entire game. They didn’t shoot it at the same clip BAMA did, but still, they took less than their normal attempts.

Dude it has been like that for years. I don't see any issues with this. Women should be on Sundays and Men on Mondays.
There is an issue here in my view; it's the tip time compared to who is watching and where.

A 9:40 tip for those living on the East coast is bullshit. Both teams, from the eastern time zone.

But hey, a 9:40 ET tip is 7:40 for those in MT: a time zone who hasn't seen a NCAA title holder this century (DuBose was still at Bama when a team from the MT won. None from the West.)

In this century, with 24 titles won, only four have come from the Central Time zone: the other 20? Eastern.

Nothing from the Mt or West...but the TV times are friendly for those guys who have little interest.

There is an issue here in my view; it's the tip time compared to who is watching and where.

A 9:40 tip for those living on the East coast is bullshit. Both teams, from the eastern time zone.

But hey, a 9:40 ET tip is 7:40 for those in MT: a time zone who hasn't seen a NCAA title holder this century (DuBose was still at Bama when a team from the MT won. None from the West.)

In this century, with 24 titles won, only four have come from the Central Time zone: the other 20? Eastern.

Nothing from the Mt or West...but the TV times are friendly for those guys who have little interest.
Sunday was like 1pm something? Monday I'm cool with that. Did we have same issue with national championship for football? Super bowl is on Sunday? NBA can be any day NHL same.

Sunday was like 1pm something? Monday I'm cool with that. Did we have same issue with national championship for football? Super bowl is on Sunday? NBA can be any day NHL same.
I don't know when they tipped off Sunday. I know it was mid-afternoon, ET.

It's not the day of the week. It's the time of the day. The Monday Night NFL game kicks a little after eight; 8:15 I think. The Super Bowl is at 6:30, right? This year's CFP Championship, 7:30.

But the men's was at 9:40?

Back
Top Bottom