| CURRENT EVENTS Man killed by police in Riverchase Galleria shooting now identified; investigation ongoing

I know many a conceal carry owners who won't step foot in an establishment that won't allow them to carry.

I haven't gone this far yet, but the more of these incidents that happen, the more it has me rethinking my stance.

I know many a conceal carry owners who won't step foot in an establishment that won't allow them to carry.

I haven't gone this far yet, but the more of these incidents that happen, the more it has me rethinking my stance.

to be honest, i can't remember seeing a sign in any place i've gone in, that says firearms/guns aren't allowed. one of the pawn shops i got into, sometimes, used to have one, but not anymore. but i never paid any attention to it when it was posted and i went in, anyway.

i've read and heard where people say that wal-mart doesn't allow it. but the one i go to apparently doesn't mind 'cause i've never seen a sign or anything. and there have been a few times where i know my firearm was showing (when reaching or stooping for something) but no one said anything.

i'm always carrying when i leave the house, without fail. it sucks i can't carry at work, even though i could probably get away with it without them even knowing. but i'm not gonna chance that as i like my job and don't want to give them any reason to fire me. thankfully, there are a few people there that also carry and go shooting that i can talk with about it.

i'm sure some/most of you have heard about the shooting that happened on the eve of black friday at the riverchase galleria. a man was shot and killed by hoover police officers. there had been a shooting, and the man who was shot by police was apparently trying to go after the actual shooter; he, himself, also had a gun (legally allowed). stories i've heard say he didn't comply with the officers' demands/commands, never dropped his gun, and so was shot. consequent stories by "witnesses" say the police didn't have to shoot him, he was a good guy, he never hurt anybody...the usual stuff that's always said.

well, the past couple/few days there have been protesters out as a show of support for the "victim". now, i have no problem at all with that. people can protest all they want. it's protected under the 1st amendment to The Constitution.

BUT...

they do NOT have the right to protest the way they've been protesting. they have been physically blocking people on sidewalks, vehicles in the roads, and keeping people from entering buildings. according to the law, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, that is illegal. you are allowed to protest as long as you do not keep people form their daily lives or going about their business or do not block entrances to buildings or impede traffic. and they have been doing ALL of these.

and earlier today, they were protesting at ross bridge hotel/country club. they were trying to enter the hotel lobby when 2 security guards stopped them and prevented them from entering the hotel. and that is their right. they are the security for that hotel and if they are told to not let the protesters in, then they are allowed to do so. well, both of the security guards were hurt/injured. one sustained an arm injury as he was trying to keep protesters from entering through the doors; and the other sustained a knee injury when he was knocked over trying to block protesters from entering a stairwell.

the protesters were also in front of the sam's club prohibiting people from entering (again, against the law). they've been out in front of several businesses around hoover trying to prevent people from entering. they've also been out in the streets blocking traffic on highway 31 (fairly busy road through hoover/riverchase). also...illegal.

they say their goal is to shut down every business in hoover to send a message. i'm not sure what that message is, though. to be honest, they're not going to do what they claim they're going to do. they don't have enough people OR enough time to shut down every business in hoover. i guess they don't realize just how many businesses there are in that city. also, they're gonna take it too far one time and it's gonna get bad/worse for them.

and i'll say this...if this shit gets out of hand and starts to spill over into other cities/towns and gets close to my town, they better HOPE they don't come on my property. i am an armed citizen who pays taxes and owns property. and will VICIOUSLY defend my property, my family, and my life with deadly force if pushed. also, if i go somewhere (a business for whatever purpose) and the protesters are there, they best not try and stop me there, either. because the 1st one that puts their hands on me will be dealt with appropriately.

andthis may sound like bravado or like i'm talkin' shit or like i'm a keyboard commando, but i take my personal rights VERY seriously. and will defend them with force in kind, or more, if warranted. shit like this will get out of hand until it is dealt with. and i'm afraid that it is the citizens who will have to deal with it. the police are doing absolutely nothing to stop the illegal protests. and i think they're doing it out of fear that it will get out of hand and they will look bad (even worse) than they already do. even though i believe it was a good shoot, based on the information i've been told.

Back
Top Bottom