| FTBL Malachi Moore future position...

Tidestalker

I heard JPW on his WJOX spot this morning and he brought up an interesting note... If I heard right, he mentioned Moore settling in to a Safety position next year.

I guess it makes sense to have a guy that instinctual have as much impact on every play as possible. Moving to a full time corner can limit those opportunities, and I suppose CNS could still move him into Star as much as possible, with another safety subbing in?

Interesting to see how the game has changed... The days of Justin Woodall/Mark Barron size safeties feel gone! I can't recall exactly when and how Minkah was moved around over the years, but it felt like he was bigger and more physical than most of our current DB's. Moore has those same freakish instincts and intelligence though, and will likely put on some lbs this offseason.

There will be some good battles again this year at DB! Someone will need to replace Surtain... 2 JUCO cats should be hungry and a ton of young talent in the mix!

RTR

I don't know much of anything but it APPEARS the 2 ILB spots and the 2 safety positions need more athletic people than the days of thumpers of yester year. Problem is you still have to stop folks from running the ball 1st. Trying to find these body types gonna be a struggle. In addition if those DL can keep the blockers of the ILB then that problem grows. Nick pretty much told us it was the Jimmy and Joe's instead of Pete by retaining the guy. Well that is the way I see from ovah at my house. Spring drills should give us a better picture of how Nick views the current personal.

I don't know much of anything but it APPEARS the 2 ILB spots and the 2 safety positions need more athletic people than the days of thumpers of yester year. Problem is you still have to stop folks from running the ball 1st. Trying to find these body types gonna be a struggle. In addition if those DL can keep the blockers of the ILB then that problem grows. Nick pretty much told us it was the Jimmy and Joe's instead of Pete by retaining the guy. Well that is the way I see from ovah at my house. Spring drills should give us a better picture of how Nick views the current personal.
I think that showed in the Championship game when we got some dominating play by Barmore. That made for tough sledding for a really good offensive team. As the DL has gone so has the Defense. Need the pass rusher and the DL that can hold the gap and spilt double teams. That takes some physically gifted players.

I think that showed in the Championship game when we got some dominating play by Barmore. That made for tough sledding for a really good offensive team. As the DL has gone so has the Defense. Need the pass rusher and the DL that can hold the gap and spilt double teams. That takes some physically gifted players.

GREAT point.

Those negative plays and pressure made by the DL make the back 7's life so much easier. They all look better when the DL is making plays

And in regards to personnel, I think Christian Harris is going to be really good next year. To the point that he may not be here a 4th.

Whoever takes over for Moses, SHOULD be ready. Between Moody, Lee, and Kaho, they've all got experience. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if that load is lightened after spring practice... And coming into the year I thought D. Kennedy was destined to get on the field early. Hasn't played out, yet :)

GREAT point.

Those negative plays and pressure made by the DL make the back 7's life so much easier. They all look better when the DL is making plays

And in regards to personnel, I think Christian Harris is going to be really good next year. To the point that he may not be here a 4th.

Whoever takes over for Moses, SHOULD be ready. Between Moody, Lee, and Kaho, they've all got experience. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if that load is lightened after spring practice... And coming into the year I thought D. Kennedy was destined to get on the field early. Hasn't played out, yet :)

The Moody kid looked like he might be a playa but I sold all my stock in Kaho and Lee. Some of those younguns Nick signed last year (Kennedy and others) need to show out this spring.

Back
Top Bottom