| CURRENT EVENTS Locally (SC) police and doctors get together to "fight medical marijuana." It's these caveats that kill me every time.

TerryP

Staff
COLUMBIA — Flanked by lawmakers, law enforcement officials and doctors in white lab coats, S.C. Attorney General Alan Wilson called marijuana “the most dangerous drug” in America while denouncing legislation Wednesday that would allow patients to obtain it with a doctor’s prescription.
Various speakers, which included State Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel and leaders from the S.C. Medical Association, suggested the use of medical marijuana would cause a litany of problems in South Carolina: addiction, increased traffic accidents and — without specifically citing any peer-reviewed research — an increase in the number of overdose deaths.
I found this richly ironic...
“They use words like stoned, high, wasted, baked, fried, cooked, chonged, cheeched, dope-faced, blazed, blitzed, blunted, blasted, danked, stupid, wrecked — and that’s only half the words they use,” Wilson said. “Are these consistent with something that describes a medicine?”
Wilson classified marijuana as the most dangerous drug because he said it was “the most misunderstood drug.”
It really incenses me, and I mean that literally, to see such an intellectually dishonest comment.

Eddie, whom I've been friends with for over a decade, is in stage four fighting Parkinson's. I've never heard him use the phrase "I am going to get *cheeched* so these tremors will settle down." Or, my best friend saying, "instead of taking these opioids (percs) I'm going to get *wrecked* so I'm not in as much pain."

"The most dangerous drug in America." For goodness sake...stop already.

My dad, while suffering from dementia and Parkinson’s in a local nursing home, developed a rash along with his tremors that regular medicine could not control or even help ease the itch the rash caused. The doctor asked me if I would give them permission to use medicinal marijuana derivative to help him and without any hesitation I agreed to the treatment.

Within just a few hours of taking his first dose he was much better. It was amazing. His rash improved and tremors almost ceased. The longer he remained on the treatment the better he got.

The ignorance displayed in that attorney general’s statements is very sad indeed.

COLUMBIA — Flanked by lawmakers, law enforcement officials and doctors in white lab coats, S.C. Attorney General Alan Wilson called marijuana “the most dangerous drug” in America while denouncing legislation Wednesday that would allow patients to obtain it with a doctor’s prescription.
Various speakers, which included State Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel and leaders from the S.C. Medical Association, suggested the use of medical marijuana would cause a litany of problems in South Carolina: addiction, increased traffic accidents and — without specifically citing any peer-reviewed research — an increase in the number of overdose deaths.
I found this richly ironic...
“They use words like stoned, high, wasted, baked, fried, cooked, chonged, cheeched, dope-faced, blazed, blitzed, blunted, blasted, danked, stupid, wrecked — and that’s only half the words they use,” Wilson said. “Are these consistent with something that describes a medicine?”
Wilson classified marijuana as the most dangerous drug because he said it was “the most misunderstood drug.”
It really incenses me, and I mean that literally, to see such an intellectually dishonest comment.

Eddie, whom I've been friends with for over a decade, is in stage four fighting Parkinson's. I've never heard him use the phrase "I am going to get cheeched so these tremors will settle down." Or, my best friend saying, "instead of taking these opioids (percs) I'm going to get wrecked so I'm not in as much pain."

"The most dangerous drug in America." For goodness sake...stop already.

Good Lord.

They get their "War on Drugs" manifesto straight from 1936?

Good Lord.
@Bamabww

About a year ago one of my friends ended up spending two months in the hospital with a few issues. A portion of that, close to half in fact, was in an induced coma. He did rebound a bit and once again gave an example of having two choices: opioids or options.

We lost him, Bobby, yesterday. Along with Tracy, he makes almost half of our "camping group" that we've lost in the last year and a half. Both of these guys were fighting a lot of pain in their final months and both had seen the after effects of "the most dangerous drugS in America."

@Bamabww

About a year ago one of my friends ended up spending two months in the hospital with a few issues. A portion of that, close to half in fact, was in an induced coma. He did rebound a bit and once again gave an example of having two choices: opioids or options.

We lost him, Bobby, yesterday. Along with Tracy, he makes almost half of our "camping group" that we've lost in the last year and a half. Both of these guys were fighting a lot of pain in their final months and both had seen the after effects of "the most dangerous drugS in America."

Very sorry about your loss.

Back
Top Bottom