| NEWS How athletes beat weed test (and why it's so easy.)

That was one thing I liked about my time with Nielsen, no random drug testing. They are a company based out of the US but they are international, so they could not very well test just their US employees. I never lit up during my time with them but I liked the fact that I could. Of course, I never would have done it during work hours anyway.
Complete opposite company (family, locally owned, locations nationwide) but in the media industry...doesn't either. Well, I can't speak for the drivers--CDL issues there.
It's literally the OPPOSITE of a performance enhancement.
If we talk of medicinal value and pain relief we're also talking about quicker recovery time--which enhances performance in a sense.

According to the government, it has no medicinal value.

I saw this. I laughed, then thought of this thread. No idea if it's true or not.

It's not true. In fact, if I'm not mistaken Arizona's drug testing is the only one in the country that technically doesn't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. But thats only because they fudge the numbers and dont include staff salaries and things like that in cost when they release the numbers. I think the real number is that they've caught something like 42 people since they started testing several years ago. The number jumps up to around 100 if you include the people that refused to show up for the drug test, too.

I saw this. I laughed, then thought of this thread. No idea if it's true or not.

It's not true. In fact, if I'm not mistaken Arizona's drug testing is the only one in the country that technically doesn't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. But thats only because they fudge the numbers and dont include staff salaries and things like that in cost when they release the numbers. I think the real number is that they've caught something like 42 people since they started testing several years ago. The number jumps up to around 100 if you include the people that refused to show up for the drug test, too.

The reason I laughed is due to the number of people that'll read that and believe it to be true.

That was one thing I liked about my time with Nielsen, no random drug testing. They are a company based out of the US but they are international, so they could not very well test just their US employees. I never lit up during my time with them but I liked the fact that I could. Of course, I never would have done it during work hours anyway.
Complete opposite company (family, locally owned, locations nationwide) but in the media industry...doesn't either. Well, I can't speak for the drivers--CDL issues there.
If we talk of medicinal value and pain relief we're also talking about quicker recovery time--which enhances performance in a sense.

...and that would be bullshit.

Yeah, no CDL issues with Nielsen. Biggest thing we ever drove was a Ford Escape.

The reason I laughed is due to the number of people that'll read that and believe it to be true.

I know, they know, yet it's still listed as a schedule 1 narcotic.

Pisses me off to NO end. Exclamation point spelled out.

the claim in South Carolina is the legislation is being pushed by those who use it recreationally. With physical evidence, in front of the Congress, to the...

the claim in South Carolina is the legislation is being pushed by those who use it recreationally. With physical evidence, in front of the Congress, to the...

I never understood how all of it ended up happening until I did a research paper on it in college. How marijuana got labeled schedule 1 (and its entire history of legality) to begin with REALLY pisses me off.

We do monthly 10% and biannual 100% testing of our entire workforce.

Tests have evolved over the years to include a broader range of drugs without having to specifically request what you want tested.

Steroids and other drugs (mostly synthetics) still require specialized requests for our testing (unless a change has occurred in the last few years)

All are unannounced but random. Used to, we could control exactly who was tested "randomly" by establishing the selecion parameters (SS# ranges, roster #s, birth dates, etc.), but no more. Dan legal whackers ruin everything... now it is completely random from computer system unless command directed due to probable cause.

We do monthly 10% and biannual 100% testing of our entire workforce.

Tests have evolved over the years to include a broader range of drugs without having to specifically request what you want tested.

Steroids and other drugs (mostly synthetics) still require specialized requests for our testing (unless a change has occurred in the last few years)

All are unannounced but random. Used to, we could control exactly who was tested "randomly" by establishing the selecion parameters (SS# ranges, roster #s, birth dates, etc.), but no more. Dan legal whackers ruin everything... now it is completely random from computer system unless command directed due to probable cause.

They drug test us every now and its always fun to piss in front of another man.

Usually when I read "intent to distribute" I'm always a little skeptical, but two points? Good lord, either he has iron lungs or he was growing pot plants in his dorm closet and selling to the freshmen.

They drug test us every now and its always fun to piss in front of another man.
Cockgazing in one of the many inglorious, unpaid extra duties within my profession.

Fortunately, I am not gun shy for the test. In fact, my niche superpower is to produce up to 3 Oz of urine at anytime. It doesn't come in too handy other than to save me hours of swilling water in the bullpen.

I never understood how all of it ended up happening until I did a research paper on it in college. How marijuana got labeled schedule 1 (and its entire history of legality) to begin with REALLY pisses me off.

Within the last week or so I came across an article that was pointing fingers towards Vanderbilt as a main motivator being the ruling. I didn't read it; lack of time and interest at that moment. Now...wondering where it was I came across the piece.

Back
Top Bottom