| FTBL JPW says Neyland the loudest

BamaDelta said:
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/sports/122458051818620.xml&coll=1&thispage=2

Hopefully it won't be that way for long Sat. night. If we take control early in the game their fans won't stick around like the UGA ones.

I would not be surprised if Alabama has close to as many fans there as UT does.

Big_Fan said:
BamaDelta said:
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/sports/122458051818620.xml&coll=1&thispage=2

Hopefully it won't be that way for long Sat. night. If we take control early in the game their fans won't stick around like the UGA ones.

close to or more :) wouldn't that be something :)

there wont be as many bama fans there.....it will be 102,000 .....probley the only game that will have a decent crowd this year....damn i almost dread sat but i am excited still,good luck guys.

ORANGEADDICT said:
there wont be as many bama fans there.....it will be 102,000 .....probley the only game that will have a decent crowd this year....damn i almost dread sat but i am excited still,good luck guys.

I've watched this series for years, mind you, and have never seen so many UT tickets on sale as I've seen this week. And, I'm not talking "nose-bleed" sections up for sale either.

I doubt as many as Bama fans would like...but, we'll be well above our normal allotment.

That said, by the end of the 3rd quarter, it would shock me to see half the crowd cheering for Alabama. Heck, deep down, there will be Vol fans doing the same from the starting kick.

I wish this game would be as lopsided as many of us believe. I personally believe we will cover the spread of (6-7) whatever is now and then. But I'm not sure this is going to be a runaway. I really think UT matches up pretty good in just the right places. Bama might not be a national champion or conference champ this year, but I think we've got enough to beat UT.

And I seriously hope we don't think we can take a couple quarters off this weekend. It's going to take 4 good quarters of football.

The best thing that can happen is to get out to a fair lead, and also hope that UT shoots themselves in the foot a few times, like vs. UF. I think their fans have this on the edge mood right now, and that might break them, as far as the crowd is concerned. And these players might get the "here we go again" vibe. We might beat them and they beat themselves. Bama wins.

At this point, I'm just glad we're on the road. It seems we play a little better away from home this season.

I don't see the UT fans being too big a problem. I'm more worried about the second half then them. Maybe we'll pull ahead 72-0 in the first half. :?

My brother saw the Barn blow out the Vols in Knoxville a few years ago. He said there's nothing like the sound of 80,000 Vol fans sitting on their hands. Nothing like the sight in the second half of 60,000 Vol fans disguised as empty seats.

We need to jump on them early like everyone else but we need to win the 3rd quarter for sure. This is a hard fought rivalry and lets do them like we did last year.

planomateo said:
the bigger question is do they get louder in the 2nd half... hopefully this is not the case.

If we are not disgusted with gameplay and its super close I think it will be louder. That being said, phil starts messing up and youll see people walk out on him. I just hope its a good game we can all enjoy.

With everything going on at Tennessee it should not be that hard to break the fans' spirits if we can jump out and establish an early lead, just as soon as that happens the sea of orange will all turn on the Great Pumpkin and forget that Alabama is even in the Stadium.

Big_Fan said:
BamaDelta said:

so we're going to have about 95,000 fans there?

bamadezz said:
At this point, I'm just glad we're on the road. It seems we play a little better away from home this season.

I don't see the UT fans being too big a problem. I'm more worried about the second half then them. Maybe we'll pull ahead 72-0 in the first half. :?

ACK!

If we pull ahead 72-0, we will be at the bottom of the SEC in defensive stats after we win 79-70!

Back
Top Bottom