| FTBL JPW named to Unitas watch list

I would like nothing more than for JPW to win the award and have a super year. I'm not going to get my hopes up though. Poor guy has had to learn 3 offenses in 3 years. Or at least deal with 3 off coordinators in 3 years. That can't be easy.

He should do a lot better considering the fact that he'll have a good OL in front of him this year. Thats something he hasnt had since hes been in T-town.

BigAl said:
He should do a lot better considering the fact that he'll have a good OL in front of him this year. Thats something he hasnt had since hes been in T-town.

Yeah, hopefully the OL will stay healthy and out of trouble, so we don't have the meltdowns we had in 2005 and 2007.

If that happens, the possibilities will be endless. I know many Bama fans don't trust JPW and other fans think he is a joke, but I know he has the ability to get it done. He just needs to play 4 quarters like he plays in the First.

aMAZEnFan said:
BigAl said:

Yeah, hopefully the OL will stay healthy and out of trouble, so we don't have the meltdowns we had in 2005 and 2007.

If that happens, the possibilities will be endless. I know many Bama fans don't trust JPW and other fans think he is a joke, but I know he has the ability to get it done. He just needs to play 4 quarters like he plays in the First.

He will earn some, if not a lot of respect back this year. Just an opinion :)

He has potential but at times just makes bad reads.
Part of that is from learning 3 offenses in as many seasons. We had the same thing happend with JC before his senior year and he turned into a first round draft pick.

While the potential is there I just don't see JPW establishing himself as a top notch QB. I could see him turning in a Craig Krenzel-esque performance (without the national title) but not a superstar.

Just the worthless thoughts of an AU fan :)

Duder said:
He has potential but at times just makes bad reads.
Part of that is from learning 3 offenses in as many seasons. We had the same thing happend with JC before his senior year and he turned into a first round draft pick.

While the potential is there I just don't see JPW establishing himself as a top notch QB. I could see him turning in a Craig Krenzel-esque performance (without the national title) but not a superstar.

Just the worthless thoughts of an AU fan :)

That's was true, but its root cause had to do with what Applewhite was asking him to read. A QB reading what was happening on the entire field versus a set progression read are two completely different responsibilities. Completely.

I have a feeling JPW will thrive this year and obviously someone else thinks the same after naming him to the Unitas watch list.

TerryP said:
That's was true, but its root cause had to do with what Applewhite was asking him to read. A QB reading what was happening on the entire field versus a set progression read are two completely different responsibilities. Completely.

well said

He wont have to read as much into the play period this year. The film that I have seen on CMc is that of a very fluid quick moving offense. Might as well be no huddle and called from the line the way it seems to move. I watch a few Fresno games last year without even knowing about CMc. Their offense was impressive. Back to where I was going...anyone remember what offensive set seemed to help JPW and why?

2 minute drill
The rhythm seemed to help him get into the flow

He may not be a superstar but he will have a excellent senior year. imho.

Kc said:
He wont have to read as much into the play period this year. The film that I have seen on CMc is that of a very fluid quick moving offense. Might as well be no huddle and called from the line the way it seems to move. I watch a few Fresno games last year without even knowing about CMc. Their offense was impressive. Back to where I was going...anyone remember what offensive set seemed to help JPW and why?

2 minute drill
The rhythm seemed to help him get into the flow

He may not be a superstar but he will have a excellent senior year. imho.

I seem to remember wishing they would just run 2 minute drills the entire season.

Just an outside pov but JPW has great potential to me. Not NFL potential, but winning potential. It seems as if he may be fragile mentally, but if he gets good protection, consistently, he can be pretty good.

When he has guys coming at him constantly and he does that throw where he doesnt step into the ball and floats it 13000 feet into the air that is when he gets in trouble. But I was in BDS for the Arkansas game and can remember him getting involved early and it looked liked he had great confidence in his OL that night.

He has the tools, it just seems to me he needs to trust his mechanics and OL and not rush things, which can be easier said than done I guess.

Also, if the offense has a Crowton like philosophy, which apparently it does, of utilizing short passes I think it could help him like it Did Flynn.

TigerBait3 said:
Just an outside pov but JPW has great potential to me. Not NFL potential, but winning potential. It seems as if he may be fragile mentally, but if he gets good protection, consistently, he can be pretty good.

When he has guys coming at him constantly and he does that throw where he doesnt step into the ball and floats it 13000 feet into the air that is when he gets in trouble. But I was in BDS for the Arkansas game and can remember him getting involved early and it looked liked he had great confidence in his OL that night.

He has the tools, it just seems to me he needs to trust his mechanics and OL and not rush things, which can be easier said than done I guess.

Also, if the offense has a Crowton like philosophy, which apparently it does, of utilizing short passes I think it could help him like it Did Flynn.

Well put bro. I agree!

Back
Top Bottom