| FTBL It is a shame that CBS has tennis on today...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
I

imported_Porter

meanwhile ESPN is showing WNBA crap (or was about an hour ago). Folks, this time of year, it should be back-to-back games all day on these channels. I don't care if it is Portland State vs. Idaho... there is no excuse to be showing tennis or freaking women's basketball on a football Saturday. :roll: :twisted:

Porterhouse said:
meanwhile ESPN is showing WNBA crap (or was about an hour ago). Folks, this time of year, it should be back-to-back games all day on these channels. I don't care if it is Portland State vs. Idaho... there is no excuse to be showing tennis or freaking women's basketball on a football Saturday. :roll: :twisted:

One year the Jackson CBS affiliate preempted the Jefferson Pilot SEC broadcast (Bama just happened to be on that week) for the damn US OPEN. The station nearly had a mutiny on its hands.

I noticed this year that a message kept scrolling at the bottom of the screen that the US OPEN was being shown on Jackson's digital CBS channel.

Now tell me, what does the majority of the viewing audience in Jackson, Mississippi, want to watch? Tennis or SEC football? :roll:

Porterhouse said:
Bamaman37 said:
I agree. If I didn't have digital cable and didn't have ESPNU so I could watch UAB, I'd be very pissed off.

At least the UGA/So Carolina game is on now (ESPN2).

Porter, today I have had continuous football going on the tube without even having to resort to my ESPN Gameday subscription. :?

bear facts said:
Porterhouse said:
Bamaman37 said:
I agree. If I didn't have digital cable and didn't have ESPNU so I could watch UAB, I'd be very pissed off.

At least the UGA/So Carolina game is on now (ESPN2).

Porter, today I have had continuous football going on the tube without even having to resort to my ESPN Gameday subscription. :?

It can be done, but the major players like CBS and ESPN need to have games on. CBS will be back to normal next week, but ESPN should have them on all day from 11 am until Hawaii plays.

Back
Top Bottom