| FTBL Inside The Locker Room - Coach JaMarcus Shephard - (This is worth the time to listen.)

Wow, what a well spoken coach. Pumps you up to hear the gratitude to be at Bama.

One of my takeaways is this: what a positive it is to have a talented staff who largely hasn’t had at their disposal the resources now available to them. What today’s players, in the era of the portal and immediate playing time, need to hear is, “Young men, you think the grass is greener elsewhere, but trust me it’s not.” Maybe this was conscious by Byrne, but a new staff with a resume of success particularly at resource scarce programs, rather than other elite programs, could pay dividends for roster retention when our kids need to hear how special it is to be where they’re at!

Another take away is: being in the SEC with the added “meat” and “bone density” in the trenches allows them to run to set up the pass rather than vice versa. You can just hear the relief from Shepherd (and probably any West Coast coach) knowing their QBs won’t have to do everything themselves with a physical OL and talented RBs available to them.

Another take away is: being in the SEC with the added “meat” and “bone density” in the trenches allows them to run to set up the pass rather than vice versa. You can just hear the relief from Shepherd (and probably any West Coast coach) knowing their QBs won’t have to do everything themselves with a physical OL and talented RBs available to them.
In my view, this is roster related. I also tend to think it'll continue. IE: Anthony Rogers is a good back. Now, they are adding Dear. That's one hell of a two headed monster.

Changing gears, a bit, but the same subject. Both Haynes and Young weren't "comfortable" for a few weeks when Saban retired. The staff settled that position down, retained. But, like I mentioned earlier, that's another two headed monster.

When you listen to him you get a picture of what's the attitude from the recruiting department. You get a sense of the difference in the attitude in the building.

As an example...you can hear JaMarcus laughing in the background ... just shows his personality.

As much as Shepherd talks up the RBs, and rightfully so, this offensive set came to me as I consider our personnel:

2 TE, 3 WRs, no backs, Milroe in shotgun.

Imagine the stress on the opposing D to account for 5 potential receivers, an unplanned QB scramble, or a planned QB keeper out of a heavy, two TE package.

😳

As much as Shepherd talks up the RBs, and rightfully so, this offensive set came to me as I consider our personnel:

2 TE, 3 WRs, no backs, Milroe in shotgun.

Imagine the stress on the opposing D to account for 5 potential receivers, an unplanned QB scramble, or a planned QB keeper out of a heavy, two TE package.

😳
Based on what I've learned, it's an ACE package as a base. The WR's, and how the RB's catch catch out of the backfield, make it easy to move into a 21.

Here's one to chew on. With this personnel, how easy would it be to shift into a Power T?

Back
Top Bottom