| FTBL If the Celtics can do it, why can't Alabama? (Short Version)

aMAZEnFan

Verified Member
A program rich with a tradition of winning it all, Boston won the NBA Championship a season after seriously underachieving the previous year. They did a major overhaul of their roster, especially the starting lineup. They added the best talent available on the market.

The Celtics were just as unstoppable on the court as they appeared on paper. They had a few guys who had experienced a championship in the past and that paid dividends in securing this title to end the 2-decade drought. This marked the best turnaround in NBA history and maybe even sports history.

Let's compare that to Alabama, who has a great tradition of winning titles as well. Last year, the team had a terrible finish after a promising start. Like Boston, Alabama was the laughing stock of their sport after losing to ULM, Miss. State and nearly losing to the only team without an SEC win, Ole Miss. Now, the Crimson Tide have recruited the #1 class in the nation a year after securing a top 15 class. The lineup may not receive a complete overhaul, but there will be a few true freshmen called upon to play a larger role-with some actually starting.

On paper, the young talent should help turn the Tide around. Some of these guys have already experienced how being a champion feels, even though it's not on an equivalent level. Nevertheless, coaching and chemistry will go a long way in building the team's confidence to do the unthinkable.

With that said, will Bama win it all this season? Most would say it is not likely, but if we have learned anything from the Boston Celtics' historical run, it's that you can never underestimate a team's ability when they believe they can win it all.

Editor's Note: A longer, more detailed version of this subject coming soon.

Most would say it is not likely, but if we have learned anything from the Boston Celtics' historical run, it's that you can never underestimate a team's ability when they believe they can win it all.

This is why I love sports. I find this attribute to be much more important than talent. Nice post Maze, ready to read the rest.

Mase i agree with you 1000% i learned early in my life to never count the Crimson Tide out. We may not win it all but you can rest assured our boys in Crimson will be alot harder to handle this year than in the past few. Its like Coach Bryant always said “If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.” If these guys really believe in themselves and pay the price to win great accomplishments can be achieved. But we'll need a few breaks along the way too.

Cant wait to read the rest. I say it all the time attitude, belief in yourself and what you are doing can move mountains (not literally lol)

Attitude is my factor this year, I expect to see a more physical and demanding team this year. Once again it might not translate into wins every game but we will see a different team this year than the last 6.

Back
Top Bottom