| NEWS I suppose over 92,000 to watch a volleyball game is cool. But I still have to ask, "why?"

Why not? It was amazing. They set a world record. Nebraska fans are unrivaled in how they support their teams.
Because you're outside, in August, with 92,000 people watching volleyball. That's why not.

I look at this about like I looked at the basketball game on the aircraft carrier: why?

This seems like nothing more than a Tic-Toc trend meets collegiate sports.

Nebraska has a very good volleyball program and the Cornhusker faithful supports them tremendously. Just look at football, it continues to sell out and they have had some very bad teams compared to what some of us grew up with.

Just look at football, it continues to sell out and they have had some very bad teams compared to what some of us grew up with.
That's a bit of a farce. When they haven't sold out games they've had donors come in and buy the remaining tickets...

They did sell out this event in three days...pretty wild.

When I saw the photos/videos last night, I wondered if this would spark other similar events. Of course, Alabama softball came to mind... then I saw they tweeted (jokingly?) about it as well. I thought the whole thing was pretty neat, and I'm sure it was a cool experience for the team... I didn't tune in to watch or anything, but it did get them a ton of attention. I'd be more likely to pile into a stadium with 90,000 people to watch women's volleyball though than I would to watch Taylor Swift or Morgan Wallen.

When I saw the photos/videos last night, I wondered if this would spark other similar events. Of course, Alabama softball came to mind... then I saw they tweeted (jokingly?) about it as well. I thought the whole thing was pretty neat, and I'm sure it was a cool experience for the team... I didn't tune in to watch or anything, but it did get them a ton of attention. I'd be more likely to pile into a stadium with 90,000 people to watch women's volleyball though than I would to watch Taylor Swift or Morgan Wallen.
I have a buddy who’s daughter plays volleyball for the Huskers and the team was and is over the moon about it. She said it was deafening at times because of cheering. Must’ve been so cool to experience.

I have a buddy who’s daughter plays volleyball for the Huskers and the team was and is over the moon about it. She said it was deafening at times because of cheering. Must’ve been so cool to experience.

Ha. Good for them. One video I did see was the teams entrance from the locker room to the field, similar to Bama’s with the HC leading them. One gal up front was stoic and had her game face on. Pretty much all the others couldn’t contain their smile.

I like volleyball...in the confines of a small gym/arena. But for the life of me I can't imagine why someone would want to go to the stadium to watch: in August!

Because you can’t do it in November.

Back
Top Bottom