| FTBL Hey Bama1966 . . .

bear facts

Verified Member
Looks like you could have taught D. Lassic his endzone antic around the :42 mark and again at the 2:57 mark--very Fred Sanford-like. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILDfW7QneYk[/youtube]

Boy, seems like the officials were more lenient toward endzone celebrations back then, compared to what I've seen this year with Maze and Wilson getting flagged for their gestures.

There needs to be, at least, a five second rule.

Refs ingnore you for 5 seconds - have at it as long as it isn't directed toward another player(taunt) or dangerous.

bear facts said:
Looks like you could have taught D. Lassic his endzone antic around the :42 mark and again at the 2:57 mark--very Fred Sanford-like. :D

Boy, seems like the officials were more lenient toward endzone celebrations back then, compared to what I've seen this year with Maze and Wilson getting flagged for their gestures.

You may recall, when they first got into the celebration penalties one of the things that came up was a lawsuit because by the original wording it seemed they could flag a guy for kneeing in the endzone (IE: act of prayer of thanks.)

It sort of put the NCAA back on its heels with how they enforced the rulings.

Honestly, I've only seen one flag this year that I thought was going too far and that was the penalty on Locker. Although, if you interpret the rule strictly, by its wording, it makes sense the flag was thrown.

Heck, in my opinion, if you take Stover's endzone flip last year in the bowl game...that's the kind of thing that needs to be flagged.

TerryP said:
bear facts said:

You may recall, when they first got into the celebration penalties one of the things that came up was a lawsuit because by the original wording it seemed they could flag a guy for kneeing in the endzone (IE: act of prayer of thanks.)

It sort of put the NCAA back on its heels with how they enforced the rulings.

Honestly, I've only seen one flag this year that I thought was going too far and that was the penalty on Locker. Although, if you interpret the rule strictly, by its wording, it makes sense the flag was thrown.

Heck, in my opinion, if you take Stover's endzone flip last year in the bowl game...that's the kind of thing that needs to be flagged.

It usually does :? but I am guessing because it was a bowl they let it go. /shrug Who really gets why most refs make some of the calls they do...sometimes it is clear cut but sometimes it is like they flip a coin in their head.

That call is so inconsistent. I remember that in the next game against Miami in the Sugar Bowl they flagged Sherman Williams for the Sherman Shake, then later in the game, Lassic had a heart attack and there was no flag. You tell me why one was flagged and the other wasn't. :?

as a fan, i love endzone antics..

for some reason, they want to take the emotion out of the game..

i really don't see the harm as long as it doesn't waste alot of time.. i think it's just another form of control over the players.. i think the "tell all" rules in college football are the ones that are different in the NFL.. it really creates seperation between the situation for the players.. what i mean is that college players are members of an institution that feels it needs to govern their conduct on the field.. nfl players are more or less free to do what they want as long as the game is not hindered or comprimised..

Back
Top Bottom