Healthy/Diet AND Tastes Great?

I like these mango chicken wraps I've been making for about a year now.

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts, chopped up into strips or chunks, cook on a skillet. Once cooked, add in some Newman Own mango salsa and come cayenne.

Take some hummus (I prefer the red roasted pepper flavor) and mix in some honey and cayenne and diced up cucumbers.

Spread that mix over some tortillas, cover with spinach leaves, then add the chicken salsa mix and wrap.

I like these mango chicken wraps I've been making for about a year now.

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts, chopped up into strips or chunks, cook on a skillet. Once cooked, add in some Newman Own mango salsa and come cayenne.

Take some hummus (I prefer the red roasted pepper flavor) and mix in some honey and cayenne and diced up cucumbers.

Spread that mix over some tortillas, cover with spinach leaves, then add the chicken salsa mix and wrap.
That sounds wonderful.

I dropped 60 pounds over a years time 4 years ago. All I did was drink lots of water, no bread and not eat any food after 6 pm. The first few weeks were TOUGH because all you are doing is taking a leak all the time and starving. After getting into the routine it was pretty easy.

I know water's good for you and I should drink more of it, but like you said, I can't stand having to get up and pee constantly. Caffeine is supposed to be a diuretic, but I swear water makes me have to piss as much or more than liquor.

I know water's good for you and I should drink more of it, but like you said, I can't stand having to get up and pee constantly. Caffeine is supposed to be a diuretic, but I swear water makes me have to piss as much or more than liquor.
That's because the water is flushing all the junk in your urinary system left behind from all the non-water liquids you drink.

I am currently playing around with wraps .. Real simple stuff like an 8 inch corn wrap with turkey, bacon, and avocado. Only about 300 calories but full of good fats (avocado) and protein (bacon and turkey).

In the mornings, I switched from cereal to English muffins and butter (just a bit), with a side of v8 fusion (it's the fruit/veggie mix, but not full of extra crap like some v8 drinks). I don't eat enough fruits/veggies (I hate preparing them and I hate the taste/texture of most) so it's a cheap easy way for me to down a serving of each in an 8 oz glass. I like the peach mango flavor. There is also this new v8 drink called Harvest .. I've had the green one and the red one. It's basically just a pure veggie drink. It TASTES LIKE HELL but if you plug your nose and down an 8 oz, that is 2 servings of pure veggies (spinach, celery, etc.).

I also like the triple zero Oikos yogurt .. Vanilla and mixed berry and strawberry. I put some cinnamon in there. Fills me up.

I am currently playing around with wraps .. Real simple stuff like an 8 inch corn wrap with turkey, bacon, and avocado. Only about 300 calories but full of good fats (avocado) and protein (bacon and turkey).

In the mornings, I switched from cereal to English muffins and butter (just a bit), with a side of v8 fusion (it's the fruit/veggie mix, but not full of extra crap like some v8 drinks). I don't eat enough fruits/veggies (I hate preparing them and I hate the taste/texture of most) so it's a cheap easy way for me to down a serving of each in an 8 oz glass. I like the peach mango flavor. There is also this new v8 drink called Harvest .. I've had the green one and the red one. It's basically just a pure veggie drink. It TASTES LIKE HELL but if you plug your nose and down an 8 oz, that is 2 servings of pure veggies (spinach, celery, etc.).

I also like the triple zero Oikos yogurt .. Vanilla and mixed berry and strawberry. I put some cinnamon in there. Fills me up.
I'm just now getting back to enjoying V8. My favorite is the regular that is hot & spicy. When I was on Sugar Busters, I had to stay away from the V8 drinks. More sugar in those things than you know.

I'm just now getting back to enjoying V8. My favorite is the regular that is hot & spicy. When I was on Sugar Busters, I had to stay away from the V8 drinks. More sugar in those things than you know.

Yeah, I try to avoid the high sugar ones like the twist/cocktail ones and stick with the no added sugar ones. But fruit in itself has high sugar. A solid 8 oz serving doesn't have more than 23 g though, I think. But besides my English muffin, it's the highest carb thing I eat all day. Trying to cut back on sugars but when I'm being good, it's my only real indulgence.

Yeah, I try to avoid the high sugar ones like the twist/cocktail ones and stick with the no added sugar ones. But fruit in itself has high sugar. A solid 8 oz serving doesn't have more than 23 g though, I think. But besides my English muffin, it's the highest carb thing I eat all day. Trying to cut back on sugars but when I'm being good, it's my only real indulgence.
If you don't have any sugar issues, that's no problem. I was borderline diabetic because I was overweight, so I killed 2 birds with one stone by doing the Sugar Busters diet. I never took in more than 10g of sugar a day. Now that my weight is normal, so are my sugar numbers.

I love the traditional/standard V8. I'm more concerned about the sodium than the sugar in them though. I usually go with the low sodium and often add a splash or three of hot sauce.
There's something to be said about that, as well. I've quit using table salt and go exclusively with sea salt. Not a bad idea to go low sodium and if the taste is God awful, throw in a pinch of sea salt.

If you don't have any sugar issues, that's no problem. I was borderline diabetic because I was overweight, so I killed 2 birds with one stone by doing the Sugar Busters diet. I never took in more than 10g of sugar a day. Now that my weight is normal, so are my sugar numbers.

Wow, congrats! 10 g / day?? That's awesome. I don't think most Americans could survive on such a low sugar intake ;)

My biggest problem is carb/sugar intake .. I just LOVE bread and grains and whatnot, trying to cut down.

Wow, congrats! 10 g / day?? That's awesome. I don't think most Americans could survive on such a low sugar intake ;)

My biggest problem is carb/sugar intake .. I just LOVE bread and grains and whatnot, trying to cut down.
Luckily, I'm not a bread lover. That is my wife's weakness, however. Unfortunately, I dearly love butter, which goes real well with bread, lol!

Back
Top Bottom