| OT Happy Independence Day

Krimson

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

The object of every free government is the public good, and all lesser interests yield to it. That of every tyrannical government, is the happiness and aggrandizement of one, or a few, and to this the public felicity, and every other interest must submit.”

I expected to hear a lot of fireworks last night. I didn't. There's a Mexican family that lives just around the corner that will celebrate things like this for two, three days. Nothing last night.

Then it dawned on me. They received a "cease and desist" order from the city on the guy building a "shed" (about the size of a house) in his back yard without a building permit. I don't think they feel a lot of independence, today.

I like the quote because to me we're giving up the felicity of the many for the bitchin and moaning of the few. Seems as though we're coming full circle albeit different topics.
This is sort of crazy. I just left the 7-11 a few minutes ago on a beer run. I told the girl behind the counter, "every time you see me you laugh."

The "bitchin' and moaning crowd?" I tend to pull a ... let's go with a Nate Oats approach, GTFO of here.

I just don't do it. The forecast is 100% that I'm going to make those people the butt of a joke. Largely because, they are just being an ass.

Back
Top Bottom