Got a new TV!!

BAMA JAMMA

Verified Member
Just got back from BB in Hoover picking up my new plasma! I freaking LOVE this thing!!! I downloaded the burn-in DVD just a little while ago so I'll have that running when I'm not watching TV.

After reading countless threads and reviews on plasma vs LCD and which manufacturer to go with decided the Panasonic TCP50G10 was the one for me. Panny's are highly regarded as the best plasma TVs to go with on many sites and after looking at several for over a month in person I couldn't agree more. Firing this thing up in my living room there is no description for explaining how awesome this thing looks! Almost looks 3D in HD lol. Can't wait to see what it'll look like when I buy a Blu-Ray player and discs. It also is a certified THX tv with THX mode.

For anyone wanting to know about TVs and get reviews and thoughts from people i highly suggest you check out avsforum.com. I've been on there for about 3 years and it's a great site to learn and read on.

I was going to be pissed if HSBC didn't reset my limit before the bowl games really get started. I called them and lit a fire under their slow asses today and they finally fixed my ****. Long story so i won't go into it. Just glad I now can watch TV in the living room again lol.

PS, anyone who wants my Hitachi 50" for dirt cheap please let me kow. Yes it still needs a bulb but I'll sell it for cheap as i need it gone and out of the garage. I live in Alabaster area.

Here's my new TV nestled at home...

newpanasonicG10.jpg

damn, wish I would have read this sooner. I originally used a DVD disk like you to send a multitude of colors to the screen for 100 hours, didn't find any bad pixels.

anyways, the reason I mention it is because depending on the model panny you bought, you can use the SD card slot for displaying the images. oh well, sorry for not catching this sooner.

i agree, avsforum is a good site for info, i use it alot.

thanks to avsforums, I found out about panasonics EPP site where companies can get discounts for their employees for their equipment. I got them added to our companies discount list and actually purchased my TV thru a friend at Verizon who had a similar discount - took me about 4 months to get this setup at work for other employees.

Yeah I ended up usiong my SD slot after having issues trying to burn the ISO file for the DVD ;)

I plan to buy a pair of wireless repeaters so I can hook my TV up to the net as my moden and computer are in another room in the house. Can't run the wires from the attic/ceiling :(

define dirt cheap. and give some more details my bro in law is looking for a big tv. Wifey and I have found a 55 inch that we plan on getting in the next 3 weeks.

I have a trailer and we are in Alabama all the time. but his wifey just bought him a new tv...

We've been looking at the new 55 LED vizio, and the LCD vizio trying to decide if the extra $500 is worth it :)

I have a 50" Viera too. Only 720p, but its great.

Had to run to the Sears catalog store one Saturday in pouring rain before the Bama game because my Toshiba 52" went out. They say the new generation plasmas have a longer expected life than LCDs.

Back
Top Bottom