| ADMIN 📣 Game Day threads / RTB GameCast

Even you old farts should be able to figure this out! 🙃

As you can see, there's a new, live "widget" running today called the "Shoutbox." Whereas in the past we've used a live thread option, I'm going with this feature this year just to see which is easier in the end.

A few notes:

I have it set up just like the forums. Auto embed on things from X as well as an auto unfurl of links.

The only thing that comes to mind that you may want to keep in mind ... this add-on uses BBCode. So, if you want to insert images, video, etc...brush up on your BBCode. It's quite easy.

Any questions? Drop 'em here.

T

My question is how do I make it disappear from the main forum post page. I can minimize it but the collapsed bar still takes up screen space that I want to reclaim :). When I go into pages it seems to go away which is good but I want it to go away from the main page also.

Last edited:
When I go into pages it seems to go away which is good but I want it to go away from the main page also.
If you are talking about this thread, it's here. It's above the first post on each page.

If you are talking about the "Thread View," (index of threads within Fansights) you can't make it disappear at this point. I could in the old server setting with the older version of XF. I don't know if I'll be able to do that with this version of XF (and a new one was just released which we'll be installing pretty soon.)

I'm working on it. I just can't make you any promises. I may figure it out. I may not. I am working on it ...

Just for @alabama mike ... showing my work to the teacher. 🙃

Screenshot 2024-08-24 9.05.39 AM.png

If you are talking about this thread, it's here. It's above the first post on each page.

If you are talking about the "Thread View," (index of threads within Fansights) you can't make it disappear at this point. I could in the old server setting with the older version of XF. I don't know if I'll be able to do that with this version of XF (and a new one was just released which we'll be installing pretty soon.)

I'm working on it. I just can't make you any promises. I may figure it out. I may not. I am working on it ...

Just for @alabama mike ... showing my work to the teacher. 🙃

View attachment 28604
For this thread I can get it to go away. It is the threads view where I cannot. It would be great if it was a tab that people could go to if they wanted to see it. BTW I have done embedded SW development for 25+ years so I understand software development. All of this is SW and of course the tools that you have available. Not a UI type program guy but it is still programming so there should be a way unless you are missing some feature in the tools.

For this thread I can get it to go away. It is the threads view where I cannot. It would be great if it was a tab that people could go to if they wanted to see it. BTW I have done embedded SW development for 25+ years so I understand software development. All of this is SW and of course the tools that you have available. Not a UI type program guy but it is still programming so there should be a way unless you are missing some feature in the tools.
All you are doing in the thread is minimizing the window.

There is a decent chance I move it out of the sidebar and above the "Threads View" so it can be minimized as well. The issue is there isn't a location built into the core for a widget to be placed there. So, for this weekend, it's the sidebar.

Go to What's New ... you won't miss a new post.

There is a way. The problem this morning, or this past weekend, is I don't remember how.

There is a location (top container breadcrumb if that makes sense) above the Threads View. However, it's meant for advertising (which we really don't do here.) Placing the widget (Shoutbox) in that space requires a widget key...and I can't remember how to write it off the top of my head. The "content" for that location is designed (in the core) to be written in HTML. Getting the widget to render there...different story right now.

As stated, I know I can do it. However, I don't know when I'll remember how to do it. It may hit me in the next hour, and it may be November. :devilish: Chances are, it'll hit me in the middle of something totally unrelated.

It'll take a week or two for you guys to get used to this...everything you post in the chat, goes to the thread. So, you'll get quotes taking you out of the chat.

Geez...we'll see how it runs. It was $20 ... if it fails, it fails.

Even you old farts should be able to figure this out! 🙃

As you can see, there's a new, live "widget" running today called the "Shoutbox." Whereas in the past we've used a live thread option, I'm going with this feature this year just to see which is easier in the end.

A few notes:

I have it set up just like the forums. Auto embed on things from X as well as an auto unfurl of links.

The only thing that comes to mind that you may want to keep in mind ... this add-on uses BBCode. So, if you want to insert images, video, etc...brush up on your BBCode. It's quite easy.

Any questions? Drop 'em here.

T
1724943056558.png :p

Back
Top Bottom