| MBB/WBB Full details for Alabama's proposed $58 million basketball training and player development facility are out.

Figured all along they wouldn't invest in a new arena.

It was a new practice arena now and new arena down the road -or- nothing now and a new area down the road option.

I know fans are frustrated (myself included) that the new arena has been delayed, but from both a money and program priorities perspective, it makes the most sense (easily). But a new area will happen at some point in the foreseeable future if the main players stay in power. The UA facilities team still has regular meetings discussing it, among many other things. It's far from being out of mind.

I know fans are frustrated (myself included) that the new arena has been delayed,
There isn't a fault you can point to in Coleman that I won't disagree with. However.

I don't care because the players don't care as much about two hours on a Wednesday versus 40+ every week.

I'm still in the camp of gutting that 'effer and using the bones. It's a great location.

There isn't a fault you can point to in Coleman that I won't disagree with. However.

I don't care because the players don't care as much about two hours on a Wednesday versus 40+ every week.

I'm still in the camp of gutting that 'effer and using the bones. It's a great location.

There's pros and cons on gutting it, but too many cons IMO. The location is ideal though. Along those line, my understanding is the door isn't completely shut on building right beside it and attaching to the new practice arena, though that is apparently unlikely as of now. But at the same time, building over near the softball complex, while still a very strong (if not likely) option, isn't set in stone right now either.

There's pros and cons on gutting it, but too many cons IMO. The location is ideal though. Along those line, my understanding is the door isn't completely shut on building right beside it and attaching to the new practice arena, though that is apparently unlikely as of now. But at the same time, building over near the softball complex, while still a very strong (if not likely) option, isn't set in stone right now either.
Tear down the law school. Put the new arena there. Displaced lawyers...it would be a life lesson for some.

This is just like "meaningless bowl games." You don't think about the players.

Right now, Alabama has some of the best facilities for basketball. Today.

They are raising the bar. 🤷‍♂️ NIL, and player 'comforts,' are more important than you looking at a new arena on TV.

You cam put lipstick on a pig....but its still just a pig....period
Been through this...many times ...you n me

A new arena for TV? Seriously .... maybe one lights work!

A new arena is for players n fans....tv dont care....

But ....on n on....

I do understand the 185 million projected cost..... was closer to 100 mill when then started talking a few years ago...will be 225$ mill when cost is used again...on n on

But then theres nil...geeze

Tear down the law school. Put the new arena there. Displaced lawyers...it would be a life lesson for some.

Ha, it does suck that the law school ended up being where it is. Would be nice if they could have moved it to the acquired Bryce property (no intended joke there) and made it look like a courthouse, matching that existing style of architecture from the other new and renovated buildings on that end of campus.

I know I'm hijacking the thread a bit ... how many sites are blocked at school?
@TerryP I’ve been out 3 years now, but it is ridiculous the number of sites that school systems “flag”. Basically any site that could potentially pull up “adult” material or what some might consider “adult”/swimsuits. It got to the point, that I would just use my phone without the system WiFi to read anything. Only used the school computer for school email.

Ha, it does suck that the law school ended up being where it is. Would be nice if they could have moved it to the acquired Bryce property (no intended joke there) and made it look like a courthouse, matching that existing style of architecture from the other new and renovated buildings on that end of campus.
I hate you at times. 🙃 I was going to post about Bryce...thought about the joke for a few minutes and then finally made it through the check out line.

Seriously. The 'infrastructure' is already there. Everything. Put those damn wanna be lawyers in Ten Hoor for a year or two.

@TerryP I’ve been out 3 years now, but it is ridiculous the number of sites that school systems “flag”. Basically any site that could potentially pull up “adult” material or what some might consider “adult”/swimsuits. It got to the point, that I would just use my phone without the system WiFi to read anything. Only used the school computer for school email.
@ElephantStomp @alabama mike @musso

The economy, under this administration, has lead a guy like Mike not being able to afford a phone and the Internet. I really feel for Mike. If he lived in New York he wouldn't what a computer was...he wouldn't be missing shit.

A lady I see on occasion is a professor at CSU. I asked her a question that still hasn't been answered.

If a student can cite an article on the Internet, on a site that the school's system blocks...how does that work?

A lady I see on occasion is a professor at CSU. I asked her a question that still hasn't been answered.

If a student can cite an article on the Internet, on a site that the school's system blocks...how does that work?
Get this!! Schools did away with textbooks and went to Chromebooks, thus doing everything online!! Drove me nuts with my own kids and then for the year I substituted at our HS. Kids were supposed to be working, but would instead be playing games or watching YouTube videos!

Back
Top Bottom