| FTBL FSU-GT Trip to Dublin

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Unbelievable what all they had to do.

Inside Florida State and Georgia Tech's wild planning for a season opener in Ireland​

"In the lead-up to Saturday's kickoff between Florida State and Georgia Tech, both schools spent 17 months making spreadsheets, filling out documents and triple-checking customs regulations to make sure they packed all the essentials for their transatlantic trip."

condiments that are not available in Dublin.

Warwick said grits, for example, were a nonstarter because the chefs could not cook them to specification. Florida State players have an affinity for ranch dressing, A1 steak sauce and Tabasco, items unavailable in Ireland, so those specific condiments were packed.

On that note.

It's 11 hours to Chicago where GT had their equipment shipped before heading to Dublin. It's six and a half to Orlando, where FSU had their stuff shipped from. Why didn't GT ship theirs to Orlando?

Or better yet why not Atlanta???

That’s where we used have our equipment shipped when we went out of the country…

Not for sports though, for work…

Hazarding a guess. The players and staff flew out of ATL. I'm guessing the plane out of ORD was cargo only? Like a Fed Ex plane type of deal...
Yeah I was just thinking the cargo could’ve flown out of Atlanta also, but maybe they don’t do that??? They used to, I’d fly my equipment through cargo “delta” but that’s been many moons ago…. Late 90’s….

Back
Top Bottom