| FTBL Even for Goodman this takes the cake! WARNING: Reading this might make you break a rib laughing.

Received his book “We Want Bama” as a gift last Christmas and have been trying to read it but it is hard to get through. Supposed to be a story about Bama’s 2020 Championship season during COVID but a little too much of it dwells on political issues IMO. Goodman also tends to be a little too wordy for a sportswriter for my taste.

That's a perfect example of the type of hypocrite Goodman is... he cried about football being played that season... he (and the rest of his al.com buddies) wanted it all shut down. But, (thanks to Sankey and some other people like Saban) the show went on, and made him look stupid (which is commonplace). He then goes out to try and capitalize on all of it by writing a book on Alabama's magical season, the very thing that he tried to prevent in the first place. I can't say this with enough emphasis... the guy has zero redeemable qualities.

Dude must be smoking something that is clouding his thinking ability. I do agree with one part. "Here’s the stat that continues to blow my mind. Alabama coach Nick Saban is only 5-4 in Iron Bowls at Jordan-Hare Stadium, and everyone knows that record could very easily be 3-6." Other than that, not much else.

Dude must be smoking something that is clouding his thinking ability. I do agree with one part. "Here’s the stat that continues to blow my mind. Alabama coach Nick Saban is only 5-4 in Iron Bowls at Jordan-Hare Stadium, and everyone knows that record could very easily be 3-6." Other than that, not much else.
But his record could be just as easily ...lwith a decent FG kicker...7-2

I am baffled by Saban’s performances against the wee tiggers. I mean Gus beat him three times … Gus! And Auburn players more times than not play 60 minutes with fire in their bellies. Against that rival, you can’t say it’s just another game or you’re liable to be in a tight game even when you have superior talent. I’ve been saying for three years now that I hope Saban never loses to them again and twice it’s taking some last minute heroics to keep that hope alive. Don’t know how much more of that he can count on.

I am baffled by Saban’s performances against the wee tiggers. I mean Gus beat him three times … Gus! And Auburn players more times than not play 60 minutes with fire in their bellies. Against that rival, you can’t say it’s just another game or you’re liable to be in a tight game even when you have superior talent. I’ve been saying for three years now that I hope Saban never loses to them again and twice it’s taking some last minute heroics to keep that hope alive. Don’t know how much more of that he can count on.
It was just bad performing kickers

It was just bad performing kickers
Poor kickers for sure but it’s been much more than that. Auburn gets up for this game more than Bama does. Why? We’ll, I think it’s a mix of things but for one I don’t think Saban see the game as anything other than LSU or vile’s games. Yes they’re rivals for sure but they don’t have the same visceral hatred for Bama the tiggers do. They play Bama for four quarters with their hair on fair. They turn what on paper should be blowouts into nail biters. Anyways, that’s my two cents for the day. RTR!

Back
Top Bottom