| NEWS ESPN Radio was down 53% year-over-year in the fall.

I'm with you to an extent here. My comment was about the guys that proclaim to have relationships to programs, coaching staff's and players and have been covering college football for years.

Take this guy for example. He started covering college football in 1981. He's now a national guy on radio, in print, and on TV. And yet, he doesn't know that the school receives a replica trophy as well? Small detail, like the hot water faucet is on the left side: you should know these things by now.

Wow. Yeah, he has been around forever and I thought to be well plugged into the loins of many programs. He was all over ESPN's 150 Years deal. Didn't they either let him go, cut his pay, or reduce his efforts at ESPN?

You're painting with a really broad brush here because they all aren't the same. Just like the print media there's a divide between national media and local newspapers. It's the newspapers like "Everytown Daily" that are not only turning profit but also offering good content for its subscribers.

There's divide between your local afternoon drive time sports talk show and listening to Cowherd. The former, good content. The later? Well, in this case, it's Colin Cowherd?
In regards to radio or tv content....I think the only brush is....its not my interest....r
And probably why.......
I didnt grow up with it....like a lot of younger or middle age sports fans...
Didnt even drive over 10 minutes to work til the late 90s

print media...always big time fan...until lately..like SI started their political shit...
Yeah, local is fine...its small time local... Tuscaloosa news is fine...al.com..less Goodman is fine... I don’t need sports editorials... ."just the facts mam."

This forum is good reading.....

In regards to radio or tv content....I think the only brush is....its not my interest.
Here's my thought process here. Buckle up.

If it's not your interest, you don't follow the industry.
If you don't follow the industry, you aren't aware of its content; only others comments on its content.
If you don't know its content—from lack of exposure—how can you draw an opinion on said content? Based on others opinions?

Is that unlike hearsay in a court of law?

I'll get back to more of this later with "my" context. But I'll ask? What do you listen to?

If you don't follow the industry, you aren't aware of its content; only others comments on its content.
If you don't know its content—from lack of exposure—how can you draw an opinion on said content? Based on others opinions?

I'll get back to more of this later with "my" context. But I'll ask? What do you listen to?
Good points....counselor...

maybe to be more accurate....i should have said i dont tune in and listen...cant help being here or there where someone may have it on...like even FOX news...
I dont tune it in...but hard to be someplace its not on...

but read a lot...99.9% of what i do for getting my info.... so yeah, probably from other sources...sitting with friends...yeah, even some on here...having discussions...on a lot of subjects... i trust who i trust...works for me...
Make sense?

what do I listen too..... Rock n Roll...50s, 60s, 70, ....love my music...

But...truth be know.... i dont have to be entertained to be entertained...

Really? You are on a sports forum is there a required prerequisite to have an opinion? Now if you were to caveat it as informed opinion that is different bar :).

Really? You are on a sports forum is there a required prerequisite to have an opinion? Now if you were to caveat it as informed opinion that is different bar :).
Trying to understand where his opinion comes from. His Internet access in TN restricts things you and I find commonplace.

@BamaFan334 makes great hats! I found out because I asked questions. Ya know?

Got one we're about to offer. More on that later.

Look what he did for a business partner.

20210504_203544-jpg.17590

I pretty much listen to HLN station on XM after the morning news ends. Love the 48 Hours type shows they run. It’s basically the tv shows without the picture. Recently had one on the DC sniper, unibomber, a bunch on cases solved by forensics, etc. Probably 90% of my car time I listen to that interesting stuff. Better than sports talk!

Back
Top Bottom