| NEWS ESPN Plans to Stream Flagship Channel, Eyeing Cable TV’s Demise

If he does not live in your same house that is a violation of their terms of service and may not work very long soon. They are already testing requiring all devices to connect to the one home WiFi WiFi every 30 days for all users. And certain devices will not be able to be used outside the home at all. This is similar to what Hulu+Live already does.
They have an added service where you can buy 3 remote streams for this scenario legally. Same zip code...

I have been using YouTube TV for several years, basically as soon as it became available in the Atlanta market. It started off at $45/month, reduced to $35 for your first 3 months or so. Now it's $75 a month and forces more unskippable adds even when watching pre-recorded programming. Honestly, if ESPN sold their channels as a package for $20 a month, I'd be all over that and dump YTT. I only subscribe for ESPN and a couple local networks, which I can get over antennae probably

In reality, all of these streaming services are just becoming the new cable companies. Pay for 150 channels when you only watch 3, and the programming has never gotten better!

They have an added service where you can buy 3 remote streams for this scenario legally. Same zip code...
No. Read the TOS. Only people who can be in your Family Group must reside at the same address. So even same zip code violates it if it is not the same house.

Family member requirements

To join a family group, you must:

• Be age 13 or older and have a Google Account
  • Live in the same household as the family manager
  • Not be part of another family group

• Location requirements work the same if you're sharing your YouTube TV membership with a family group. The family manager sets the home area, and each family member must primarily live in the same household.

Family group members need to periodically use YouTube TV in your home location to keep access. Otherwise, the family manager will have to change the home location. If the family manager can't change the home location, family group members will need to get an individual membership.

Yes it works, my mom uses my sisters plan every day for years, but they are actively looking at how they can correct this long term. So I am not trying to tell you not to do it, just that it definitely violates their TOS and may not work at some point.

Back
Top Bottom