| FTBL ESPN Blackout Bama

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
The Gameday crew talked about what 1 loss team would be in the BCS bid for NC, and did not mention Bama again. They mentioned Bama only once during the show. Their man crush on Tebow is over the top.

I noticed the same and here's why I think they didn't mention us (I'll preface this with I think they made the right call)

ESPN's prospective
1) Yes they are #2...but. If they win than they're just a #2 team who beat an unranked team.

2) If they lose than they weren't worth talking about anyway.

It's not as promising position for ESPN to spend time talking about BEFORE the game but watch out for 2) after the game if it were to happen, we'd get plenty of airtime.

RollllTide! said:
The Gameday crew talked about what 1 loss team would be in the BCS bid for NC, and did not mention Bama again. They mentioned Bama only once during the show. Their man crush on Tebow is over the top.
Maybe they don't think we're gonna lose. That'd be fine with me.

At this point, Alabama doesn't belong in that conversation. Notice they didn't mention Texas as a one loss team in a bid for a NC, or Tx Tech, or Penn State, or...

TerryP said:
At this point, Alabama doesn't belong in that conversation. Notice they didn't mention Texas as a one loss team in a bid for a NC, or Tx Tech, or Penn State, or...

Exactly.

Rolllltide, don't take this wrong, but I never understand why people worry about stuff like this anyway. Winning will take care of everything.

bamafan4ever said:
TerryP said:

Exactly.

Rolllltide, don't take this wrong, but I never understand why people worry about stuff like this anyway. Winning will take care of everything.

I like to stir things up when I see the hard work our guys have done. I guess I am a little bit Crimson.

Yes I believe we will take care of business despite thESPiN and then have to listen to how we didn't play anybody important.

RollllTide!

RollllTide! said:
bamafan4ever said:
TerryP said:

Exactly.

I like to stir things up when I see the hard work our guys have done. I guess I am a little bit Crimson.

Yes I believe we will take care of business despite thESPiN and then have to listen to how we didn't play anybody important.

RollllTide!

While you may hear that from some college football fans, I'd bet money you won't hear that from many, if any, football reporters.

I do suspect some will say the SEC is having a down year b/c so many are ending up wrong on how they forecasted the season playing out.

StuckNMS said:
who knows part of it may have to do with the fact that it's a CBS game and they don't want people changing the channel away from the ESPN networks

I did not think about that. That must be it. Thanks for the explanation. I must be turning into a democrat.

Back
Top Bottom