| FTBL ESPN announcer Scott Van Pelt

G

I met him last night while working a flight to Hartford. I've heard he was a jerk, but he was nice to me. :D

And for those of you that think he's an Auburn homer, he's actually a big Maryland fan and alum. His girlfriend is all Auburn though.

I know Rece from where I grew up in North Alabama,and I see him on occasion when I go home. He tells some good Van Pelt stories. I have wondered why he hides his allegiance to Bama buy have never gotten the courage to ask.

I friend of mine works for the Golf Channel and we'd always meet up with him and hit the town when I'd visit. I don't know where anyone heard he was a jerk, but Scott Van P is one seriously nice and fun guy to hang out with.

Rolltide24 said:
I know Rece from where I grew up in North Alabama,and I see him on occasion when I go home. He tells some good Van Pelt stories. I have wondered why he hides his allegiance to Bama buy have never gotten the courage to ask.

He doesn't hide it, he does his job of being objective. Occasionally, you'll see some of the other guys on ESPN make a jab at him about it.

Back
Top Bottom