| OT Did you go to an SEC School that wasn't Alabama?

I've been accepted into graduate school at UA.... The University of Arkansas that is. But I know it is not uncommon for some Alabama fans to have gone to different SEC schools for college... I've even heard some Bama fans say they went to the Barn because they have a better engineering program than UA. So its time to confess your sins to the Holy Trinity of Saint Bryant, Saint Nick, and Saint Stallings....

And no, I'm not calling the Hogs.... but because Arkansas has a good SCM/Operations Management program (add to the fact that I work in Supply Chain), I chose the Piggies.

Last edited:
Chareleston Southern.
College of Charleston.
University of Memphis, then Memphis State.
And Bama....under and post.

I'm looking at enrolling in Trident College for Automotive...just to learn something new.

One of the best courses I took was a level 400 Gothic Literature course at Charleston Southern. Gothic...crazy, right. We read Stoker, Shelley, Jackson, Stevenson, and King...all in a four week summer course. Five books in four weeks...and that was light reading compared to New College at Bama.

Georgia Southern before transferring to Alabama, so no other SEC schools for me.

My good friend and boss played baseball at Alabama and graduated, and then completed his Executive MBA at Georgia a couple years back. I give him hell about it a lot of the time.

Alabama has a reputation for being a good school for Legal studies, finance, and medical stuff correct?
Yes.

And on a side note. Bama has really beefed up their engineering program. I remember doing a panel interview many years ago for a job with Southern Co. 4 engineers and 3 were Bama grads. Growing up in Dothan all I ever heard was how awesome the ag and engineering programs were at da Barn. When I mentioned to one of the guys interviewing me about Auburn being "the" engineering school.............he (Bama Grad) leaned in and winked at me and said, It's bigger but it ain't better.

Happens more often than most fans realize... especially in your situation when grad school is involved. I held out and finished at Bama, but my wife went to auburn... and she's all Bama. A few of her classmates were as well.

Also, congrats.
Thank you sir. On of my professors at UWF told me that Arkansas has a good reputation for operations management/SCM... I imagine U of Ark's proximity to Wallly World's HQ has something to do with that.

TBH I've never really felt any dislike towards Arkansas. If you put a gun to my head, I'd tell you they probably belong in a conference like the Big 12 (or the SWC if it was still around).

Thank you sir. On of my professors at UWF told me that Arkansas has a good reputation for operations management/SCM... I imagine U of Ark's proximity to Wallly World's HQ has something to do with that.

TBH I've never really felt any dislike towards Arkansas. If you put a gun to my head, I'd tell you they probably belong in a conference like the Big 12 (or the SWC if it was still around).

From an athletic standpoint, the worst thing about Arkansas is the annoying things their fans do... the stupid beer hats at the baseball games? Dumb. Calling the hogs? Awful. I'm down with silly traditions in college athletics, it's part of what makes it all unique and special, but that shit is the worst.

I’m a Montevallo grad, which was an NAIA school at the time. Bama was ingrained well before my college years. My Dad decided to rake leaves during the second half when Bama had a poor offensive aubrun squad covered 16-3 in ‘72. After that event, he resolved to do no yard work during the game. In ‘73, we kept my cousin while my barner aunt/uncle went to the 35-0 game. My dad made a sign “Bama 35, Cow College 0” on a sheet of plywood. They refused to pick up their kid. Two days later, my granny came to pick up my cousin. Thanksgiving was always a tense meal.

I’m a Montevallo grad, which was an NAIA school at the time. Bama was ingrained well before my college years. My Dad decided to rake leaves during the second half when Bama had a poor offensive aubrun squad covered 16-3 in ‘72. After that event, he resolved to do no yard work during the game. In ‘73, we kept my cousin while my barner aunt/uncle went to the 35-0 game. My dad made a sign “Bama 35, Cow College 0” on a sheet of plywood. They refused to pick up their kid. Two days later, my granny came to pick up my cousin. Thanksgiving was always a tense meal.
That's beautiful...kind of stuff I'd do. Except, I'm calling a cab/Uber for the kid.

Bunch of schools....for sure ( LaTech- ungrad.....Marshall-post grad)

AND

Did long term studies in Silviculture..... @ Miss State ( and Clemson)
Also...Exec Development....in Several other universities

They tried to learn me...ha...see how that turned out!!!!!!!

Do they have an online program? My job in the Air National Guard is Materiel Management and I'm considering using my Montgomery GI bill to go back to school.

UT Martin….
It’s a part of the UT school system so I guess I’ve got my “paper work” 😂😂 from them..
🤮🤮🤮, all that shit is in mine or my dads attic I’d have a hard time finding any of it!!!
UWF : part of the state of Florida system, they handle that a little differently than Tennessee.
(PSC, USA also)

Back
Top Bottom