Death Wish Coffee

rueben

First let me explain a little but about my coffee drinking. I like my coffee black. I have people get between me and the coffee pot and take up too much time adding cream and sugar. To these people I say, "If you want a damn milkshake, dairy queen is right down the road."

Death Wish Coffee won some contest and now the get a free 30 second ad during the Super Bowl. Because of their social media celebration of winning the spot, I found, and ordered their product. ( So, it has already paid off for them.)

Holy shit! This is the best damn coffee I have ever tasted. And the caffeine content is around 200% of regular coffee.
This is really good stuff. It might even help prevent some of you from coming down with ovarian cancer.

The company I work for paid for their Super Bowl spot. I'll have to give them a try now that you've praised them.

My favorite coffee is from La Colombe Coffee Roasters. Found out about them by the Travel Channel show a few years ago "Dangerous Grounds". Interesting show where the founder Todd Carmichael would go around the world and find coffee and bring it back to Philadelphia to sell it to his customers. We've bought plenty of coffee from him and shared it with others and always get really good feedback from people on his coffee. We grind our coffee beans just prior to brewing to get the freshest taste.

Just got around to buying a 1lb bag of whole bean coffee, will make some in the morning.

Amazon has it now and you can get it on the subscribe/save option to save another 5%.

They've seen a huge increase in sales and social media interactions due to their Super Bowl advertisement. I'd say it's paid off significantly.

Thought you might enjoy reading this article @rueben

How a free Super Bowl ad made Death Wish Coffee a household name

13957987_1220178924679417_1371911034703604726_o.jpg

Just saw this post. My son bought me a pound for Father's Day this year. It's strong stuff. I typically have a quad shot latte each morning. Decent flavor too.
I wound up mixing about a 3 to 1 ratio of Lavazza to smooth it out a little. It came with a sticker to trick out my coffee machine. :)

upload_2016-10-20_23-41-26.png

Wow, $20 a pound isn't cheap, or $1.50 per K-cup. I may just keep power drinking the swill I currently drink, which is Costco dark roast K-cups at home and Luzianne dark roast in the commercial maker at work. I'll do a little chickory coffee as a change of pace sometimes.

1. That is a badass looking coffee machine!
2. Yes, it is expensive, and I don't get to drink it all the time...when I am drinking something else, I prefer a Kona coffee, only coffee grown in the U.S.

Wow, $20 a pound isn't cheap, or $1.50 per K-cup. I may just keep power drinking the swill I currently drink, which is Costco dark roast K-cups at home and Luzianne dark roast in the commercial maker at work. I'll do a little chickory coffee as a change of pace sometimes.
This is what my parent drink, strong and black too. Very Hot on top of that.

1. That is a badass looking coffee machine!
2. Yes, it is expensive, and I don't get to drink it all the time...when I am drinking something else, I prefer a Kona coffee, only coffee grown in the U.S.

I agree, the Death Wish sticker makes it look pretty badass! I do take my morning coffee seriously. LOL. I got hooked on super-automatic coffee machines maybe 15 or so years ago. I love Starbucks/espresso house type lattes and got tired of having to go out to get it and then paying 5 or so bucks a pop. And I NEED my morning joe. This one (DeLonghi Magnifica) I got 4 or 5 years ago at Costco for a pretty decent price. It has a 15 bar pump, a double boiler, a burr grinder and the frother wand makes excellent microfoam. Best of all the pump hasn't leaked yet. This is like the 3rd or 4th machine I've been through and in all the previous brands (Gaggia, Saeco) the pump started leaking after the first year or two. Anyway, I do highly recommend the DeLonghi for price/performance.

I too love Kona but it's so darn expensive unless you get a blend. Even then it's pretty expensive. Same thing with Jamaican Blue Mountain. If you can find it at 100% it's cost prohibitive for me ($60/$70 lb. too rich for my blood).

Lately I've grown content with Costco's Colombian Supremo. Medium roast, great flavor, arabica bean and only about $5/lb.

Back
Top Bottom