| FTBL Danielson to ABC/ESPN

It's fake, the guy reports on random bullshit that isn't real all the time and occasionally UT football stuff. Just scroll down on his twitter, he has an article about Nick Saban being caught feeding signals to South Carolina last year in an attempt to derail UT's football season.

Gary understands the game of football better than many color commentators. But Gary loves to talk more than every single one of them. And if there's the slightest bit of a missed or controversial call - no matter how miniscule - he will go back to it 100x a game and amplify its importance.

I would have to say GMac loves to talk more than Gary.

Last edited:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…………………….ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Joke or truth, to me Gary Danielson is an excellent color analyst that just tends to harp on a particular moment about 5 minutes too long. When he started in about the no call on the face mask, he failed to mention that at best, it would’ve been offsetting, yet he continued into our next possession.

Joke or truth, to me Gary Danielson is an excellent color analyst that just tends to harp on a particular moment about 5 minutes too long. When he started in about the no call on the face mask, he failed to mention that at best, it would’ve been offsetting, yet he continued into our next possession.

He is really good when he focuses on his job and keeps it between the lines and doesn't try to play official and veer down the what if/dead horse roads he tends to end up on a couple of times each Saturday afternoon. He is always well prepared though, and despite what some think, he respects Saban and Alabama.

People are going to miss the hell out of the overall CBS production next year... more 11 am games, much worse broadcast booths some weeks, fewer camera angles, lesser in game sound, and 1/8 of the screen each week will be taken up by a WNBA, NHL, etc. score ticker scrolling at the bottom.

How many times was Pick 6 brought up this past Saturday?

Too many to count... and then they had to sit and watch an equally (if not more so) impressive play that beat them on the anniversary. But the difference between them and Alabama is, we enjoyed the play, but it won't become Alabama's identity. We won't parade the football around for photo ops like it's some relic from the Bible. It was great. It was fun. But it was just another stone in a huge castle that sort of gets lost among so many others when you step back and look from a distance.

I don't mind Gary. Not sure the hang up with everyone, but him and Brad are great, and so was Verne and Gary. Take them over 98% of other broadcast teams. I like Blackledge, Fowler, and Herbstreit more, but that's about it.
Dang we do have a few things we agree on. Never had an issue with Gary. Would be good if it were true. Only Herbstreit/Fowler or back in the good old days Keith Jackson were better.

we enjoyed the play, but it won't become Alabama's identity. We won't parade the football around for photo ops like it's some relic from the Bible. It was great. It was fun. But it was just another stone in a huge castle that sort of gets lost among so many others when you step back and look from a distance.
@Brandon Van de Graaff you say what I try to say way better than I do when talking about these type plays.

Too many to count... and then they had to sit and watch an equally (if not more so) impressive play that beat them on the anniversary. But the difference between them and Alabama is, we enjoyed the play, but it won't become Alabama's identity. We won't parade the football around for photo ops like it's some relic from the Bible. It was great. It was fun. But it was just another stone in a huge castle that sort of gets lost among so many others when you step back and look from a distance.
Dang, son you are bringing it here recently!! Keep it coming!!!

Back
Top Bottom