| FTBL Damien Harris won't join Alabama football radio broadcast after all

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Damien Harris won't join Alabama football radio broadcast after all

Alabama football now has an opening for its radio sideline reporter role.

Damien Harris won’t fill it after all. The former Alabama running back was set to join the Crimson Tide Sports Network crew on the calls this fall per an announcement from CTSN last week. But play-by-play announcer Chris Stewart revealed Wednesday that’s no longer the case.

Mourinho: 'We would not have a chance in UCL, UEL is more adapted to our level'Mourinho: 'We would not have a chance in UCL, UEL is more adapted to our level'

Stewart joined WNSP’s “The Opening Kickoff” and shared that Harris will no longer be joining the CTSN broadcast crew for this season and will instead be pursuing another opportunity.

“Damien Harris has another opportunity we’ll let him talk about,” Stewart said. “Happy for him, disappointing for us. But yeah it kind of came out of the blue on both sides.”

The season is just over two weeks away, and CTSN will have to turn to another plan to fill the role of sideline reporter to join Stewart, Tyler Watts (analyst), Tom Stipe (engineer) and Roger Hoover (host) on the call for games in coach Kalen DeBoer’s debut season.

Christian Miller was the sideline reporter a season ago for home games primarily while Hoover filled the role on the road.

Harris retired from the NFL this past spring after five seasons spent with the New England Patriots and Buffalo Bills. He was a third-round draft pick in 2019 after playing for Alabama from 2015-18. Harris was part of two national championship teams over that span.

So what is this other opportunity? Hard for me to believe Damien would not view the Bama sideline guy as the best option. Something doesn't add up at least as I look at it through my crimson glasses.

Back
Top Bottom