| NEWS Crimson Tide rated as the 3rd most overrated college football team - WHNT News 19

LOL! Yeah, of those teams, which ones are in the top 25? Two: BAMA and Oregon.
Of those teams, which one is in the top 10? BAMA
Of those teams, which one is in the top 5? BAMA
And of those teams, which one is in the top 2? BAMA

Overrated? I think not. But if that's the case, I guess BAMA's been overrated since about 2009, then. Since 2009, which of those teams has won multiple national championships?

Now, the article uses the term "overrated" incorrectly, I think. They say they did a search for that term, and these are their results. But then they go on to say it results in a map showing which team each state deems as idolized a little too much.

Idolized? Really? People idolize other people or teams which they think are good. People idolized Elvis like no other performer/entertainer. Why? Because he was good. Hell, he was great. People idolize an actor like Gary Oldman because he's a great actor. So it would stand to reason that people would idolize a team like Alabama because they're good. Winning 18 national championships, with 12 of those coming under just 2 coaches, has a way of putting a team above most of the others.

So I wouldn't say BAMA is overrated. AT ALL! No. I'd say they are right where they need to be in terms of being idolized and revered. And if that makes some people upset, then so be it. All I can say is "Get better and win more games".

Back
Top Bottom