| FTBL Cowherd hinting at Miles to UM (again)

Swamptick

Verified Member
Listening to Colin Cowherd right now he is hinting that Miles is talking to UM and that Miles staying at LSU is not a certainty.

He credits his "very good southern source" as giving him this info.

On another note, I find CC entertaining but he is a bigot and an elitist who hates the South for some reason. He can go to he!!.

Watching everything unfold on Saturday, it seemed this way to me as well. If Michigan is high enough on Miles to wait until the second week in January for him then he could still be their man. They may go ahead and pull the trigger on #2 though.

Swamptick said:
Listening to Colin Cowherd right now he is hinting that Miles is talking to UM and that Miles staying at LSU is not a certainty.

He credits his "very good southern source" as giving him this info.

On another note, I find CC entertaining but he is a bigot and an elitist who hates the South for some reason. He can go to he!!.

It isn't over until the Mad Hatter (hmm, a name for a cat? Also, considered ecentric...)

250px-MadlHatterByTenniel.jpg

BamaFan615 said:
I'm pretty sure that I heard that Michigan confirmed that it was no longer going after Miles...

I would be shocked considering thier last stance (that I heard) said that their people were still talking to Miles' people.

Thing is, I've not heard any names mentioned other than Miles. Who is their #2 right now?

I halfway expect them to make a bad hire in this thing. They seemed to do pretty well with Carr. And they've pretty much had great coaching for a long, long time. They're due a Franchione or a DuBose aren't they?

And what of Arkansas for that matter? Seems like the number of open jobs is outnumbering the available candidates. Why isn't the Associate of Black Coaches breathing down UM's neck or Arky's neck right now?

Oh, that's right. They aren't Alabama.

Jim Grobe at Wake Forrest is #2, supposedly. They are said to also be after Tedford at Cal and Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. DC Ron English is rumored to have interviewed for the Arkansas job yesterday, so I would think he would be a candidate as well.

BTW, English is black.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3138826

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan athletic director Bill Martin said Sunday night he did not directly contact LSU coach Les Miles about the coaching vacancy left by Lloyd Carr.

"We asked LSU for permission to talk to Les Miles last week and we were given permission to talk to Les but not until after the SEC championship game on Saturday," Martin said in a statement. "Les Miles was one of our candidates.

"I did not talk to Les Miles or his agent this past week in accordance with the wishes of [LSU athletic director] Skip Bertman and the LSU Athletic Department," Martin said. "This morning I did speak with Les' agent [George Bass] and he reaffirmed what Les said during his press conference yesterday -- that he was staying at LSU.

"We wish Les and the LSU Athletic Department the best of luck in the future," Martin said. "As for Michigan, we are continuing with the process we established and will continue to talk with and research our list of candidates."

Miles said after then-No. 7 LSU (No. 5 AP) beat No. 14 Tennessee 21-14 in the Southeastern Conference championship game Saturday that he planned to remain coach of the Tigers, who will play Ohio State in the BCS national championship game on Jan. 7 at the Superdome in New Orleans.

Miles turned down a chance to return to the school where he played and coached, telling his team earlier in the day that he would remain at LSU.

Speculation swirled all last week that Miles would leave LSU and return to Michigan. The Wolverines' job became vacant when Carr announced his retirement.

Miles was questioned about Michigan during his news conference Friday at the Georgia Dome. He had said he planned to talk to Wolverines officials after the SEC game. After the victory, Miles said he never spoke to Michigan and didn't plan to.

Martin has said he is looking for the next Carr, who led Michigan to the 1997 national championship and five Big Ten titles while keeping the school above even suspicions about NCAA violations.

ESPN's Joe Schad is reporting that Michigan defensive coordinator Ron English interviewed for the Arkansas job on Sunday, according to a person briefed on the meeting.

Martin has said he had 20 candidates in mind, and now he'll need them. Possible choices might include Rutgers coach Greg Schiano, Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe, California coach Jeff Tedford and Missouri coach Gary Pinkel.

LSU hired Miles away from Oklahoma State after Nick Saban departed in 2005 to coach the Miami Dolphins.

ExiledTidefan said:
Thing is, I've not heard any names mentioned other than Miles. Who is their #2 right now?

I halfway expect them to make a bad hire in this thing. They seemed to do pretty well with Carr. And they've pretty much had great coaching for a long, long time. They're due a Franchione or a DuBose aren't they?

And what of Arkansas for that matter? Seems like the number of open jobs is outnumbering the available candidates. Why isn't the Associate of Black Coaches breathing down UM's neck or Arky's neck right now?

Oh, that's right. They aren't Alabama.

Because they are still in the hiring process? Unlike Ole Miss and Nebraska.

RollTideRandy said:
Jim Grobe at Wake Forrest is #2, supposedly. They are said to also be after Tedford at Cal and Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. DC Ron English is rumored to have interviewed for the Arkansas job yesterday, so I would think he would be a candidate as well.

BTW, English is black.

African American would be most politically correct.

Tider 27 said:
RollTideRandy said:

BTW, English is black.

African American would be most politically correct.

I've heard Kelly's name in the mix as well. Also, English was supposedly interviewed by Arkansas this past week for their job.

I kinda wish Les would go to Michigan. Then, I could give these LSU fans he11 about Miles lying when he said he would be LSU's coach next year. Lord knows, they've give Bama enough he11 over Saban's saying "I'm not gonna be the Alabama coach."

Oh please, we all know that if Miles still ends up at Michigan, ESPN will say that he just “Did what he had to do” in order to not become a distraction. Lying coaches only become the Devil when they end up at Alabama.

Just look at last year, O’brien says he’s leaving BC for NC St and ESPN says he is doing what is best for him and applauds the decision. The NEXT DAY they report Rodriguez is taking the Bama job and he is suddenly a demon who is running out on a group of poor kids. I’ll still never understand how those two situations were so different.

I heard him say that, he's an idiot. He also stood up for Herbstreit when he announced some big news right before the SEC CG (Miles to UM or Pelini to Nebraska, can't remember which), obviously bad timing, even though he criticized A-Rod and his agent for doing the same thing during the world series. Some caller called him on the carpet for it, and he basically justified it by saying that no one likes that agent.

So, I guess it's different as long as you like whoever does it. What a hypocrite!

For what it is worth.
I caught the last half of CLM interview with Tim Brando on Sirius today. He said he is staying. who knows and really who cares!!
WE GOT OUR COACH AND THEY ALL ARE ENVIOUS!
ROLL TIDE
GO TO HE!! EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom