| NEWS Court storming/Field storming

Secondand26

What are your thoughts? Saw the Duke player have to be assisted off of the court, injured because Wake Forest stormed the court today.
I say make it criminal trespassing & take them all to jail, or take a billy club to a few.
Bring some pain & that shit will stop.
I wish that Burton had knocked the bitch out at Neyland.

Storming the field/court in the SEC will get the school fined.

SEC increases fines, adds security measures in an effort to stop fans from storming field, court

Not that the fans care. It's not them getting fined. But I think if it happens, then thee field/court needs to be closed off while those fans are on it. Then they're not allowed to leave until their names are given to authorities so THEY can be fined.

Yes, it would take a long. Yes, it would piss a whole BUNCH of people. But maybe don't act like an ass and you won't get fined or have your day ruined.

I've said before, I'd make the fines so steep that it wouldn't be mere nuisance to a school, it would be crippling. And I'd be open to a good portion of that money going to the school on the other end of it.
I think if you add the fines to the team's ticket's sale that fans are doing it, may stop them! Not for the visting teams fan they shouldn't have to pay extra.

I've said before, I'd make the fines so steep that it wouldn't be mere nuisance to a school, it would be crippling. And I'd be open to a good portion of that money going to the school on the other end of it.
Crippling? Like the loss of a home game? (I don't know how they would pull that off.)

In my view, it's too much effort to run on the field. But, as I've said for years, someone is going to get hurt; and hurt badly.

These things don't calm down.

Crippling? Like the loss of a home game? (I don't know how they would pull that off.)

I'm open to that but would prefer the school be fined an amount that would be well past significat. And by fined, I mean withholding a large amount of money from the annual SEC payouts, something that would not be recouped by some crowdfunding. I'd start withholdings at 15% of the offending school's share... which would have come to about $8 million this year. It goes up after that.

What are your thoughts? Saw the Duke player have to be assisted off of the court, injured because Wake Forest stormed the court today.
I say make it criminal trespassing & take them all to jail, or take a billy club to a few.
Bring some pain & that shit will stop.
I wish that Burton had knocked the bitch out at Neyland.
10-15 officers vs. a thousand fans. You’ll be lucky to catch five fans (once an officer arrests a fan they are out of service to catch more). Making an example of the few that are caught won’t do anything. Everyone thinks they are bulletproof. Based on the magnitude of the win/upset, some schools are happy to pay the fine.

10-15 officers vs. a thousand fans. You’ll be lucky to catch five fans (once an officer arrests a fan they are out of service to catch more). Making an example of the few that are caught won’t do anything. Everyone thinks they are bulletproof. Based on the magnitude of the win/upset, some schools are happy to pay the fine.
Have not seen any reports this morning but we at least know the kid from Duke has some kind of leg injury. I trully hope it is not serious. Either way it seems like this will get the attention of the powers to be to make some changes. You gotta think the guy that ran into the Duke player may be sweating it out thhis morning.

Storming the court has gotten out of hand in my opinion. Personally, I think whatever fans can be arrested should be fined. I know the schools are fined when this happens but he has to hurt the individuals running on the court. Almost always, its the students. $1,000 would be a good start. Announcements need to be made at the beginning and at halftime about storming the court. The police and arena security teams are not enough to keep idiots off the court. To be 100% honest, I do not know if there is a good answer.

don’t allow that school to have fans at the next game. If it continues don’t allow fans to attend their games, plus significant portions of conference payouts. It won’t fix it over night but it’ll work. Not allowing fans to attend games is the only way to assure it won’t happen again

don’t allow that school to have fans at the next game. If it continues don’t allow fans to attend their games, plus significant portions of conference payouts. It won’t fix it over night but it’ll work. Not allowing fans to attend games is the only way to assure it won’t happen again

I say sell the student section tickets or move them to the top where they can't have easy access. I'd be pissed off if I planned out to travel to a game with my kids and all of a sudden my team storms the court the game before and they take fans away from the next one. Home or away.

Storming the court has gotten out of hand in my opinion. Personally, I think whatever fans can be arrested should be fined. I know the schools are fined when this happens but he has to hurt the individuals running on the court. Almost always, its the students. $1,000 would be a good start. Announcements need to be made at the beginning and at halftime about storming the court. The police and arena security teams are not enough to keep idiots off the court. To be 100% honest, I do not know if there is a good answer.
$5000 minimum plus jail time

1. Forfeit the game
2. Fine the school
3. Find the guilty parties and give them a lifetime ban

1. Forfeit the game - what’s to prevent the losing team’s fans from storming the court to give their team a win? There’s a good probability that fans from both teams storm the court (some fans just want to say they did). Then what?
2. Fine the school - Depending on the win, some schools are happy to pay the fine. It keeps their school in the news longer.
3. Find the guilty parties and give them a lifetime ban - almost impossible to enforce

The issue with heavy fines is that it always comes back to the consumer. Why should a season ticket holder or booster that has never left their seat be the ones responsible for carrying the burden of the choices of the students? Alabama will not eat the cost.

Back
Top Bottom