| FTBL Cornelius Bennettn talks about Tide & Saban...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
Thanks for the link. Good read.

Fran not wanting former players around doesn't surprise me, but I don't understand why DuBose and Shula would make them feel unwelcome.

I had heard one time on Paul Finebaum an interview from a high school coach that when visiting Alabama under Shula's regime.......that there was an uncomfortable atmosphere. He stated that the coaches under Shula as well as Shula himself came across as though were better than the visiting coaches.

There was a cloud of arrogance that loomed over the athletic department.

Maybe this is why Shula did not recruit as well as he could have during his tenure.

Saban actually gets the picture. He is thinking outside of the box. He understands that he has got to be humble, yet stern, in order to become one of the greatest coaches in Alabama history.

I am not that old, but the stories that I have heard about the BEAR is that he was the same as Saban in accommodating the high school coaches and recruits.

The BEAR also had great relationships with his players. There is a very fine line in being a friend and a coach with players and coaches.

If a particular coach can ever master this, he is well on his way to becoming a great coach.

I believe that the BEAR and Saban had and have mastered this and are great coaches.

Alabama is well on its way to becoming a power house not only in the SEC but nation as the days of old.

Back
Top Bottom