| GAME THREAD šŸˆ CFB Week 4 - SEC games and beyond [FRI: Top twenty five matchup with the Illini and Nebraska.)

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
I'm going to fill the grill with food this Saturday and enjoy the full day of games, despite not having Alabama on the field. The overall schedule is a C-, about like last weekend, IMO. Illinois @ Nebraska tomorrow night is a nice Friday night match up though. Tonight's USA/App St matchup isn't terrible. There could/should be some good games involving bad teams on Saturday... talking about Florida v. Miss State, Arkansas v. auburn, Kansas v. West Va, Cal v. FSU, Iowa v. Minnesota, and Baylor v. Colorado. For some games that are a notch above, I'm intrigued by Miami v. USF, Utah v. Oklahoma St., and Tennessee v. Oklahoma. I'm not sold on Miami yet, and we all saw the fight USF can muster. Heupel and Tennessee going into Norman has been circled in my mind since the schedule was released... I can see the Vols going in there and embarrassing them, yet I can also see Heupel be so focused on revenge that he leaves his team exposed. In a way, this game feels like the TN matchup going into LSU in '22... in that game, the Vols started off fast and buried LSU right away. If they can do that again, this one should be over quick. But if OU can get some early stops and points, this could end up being the clubhouse leader for game of the year. I'd absolutely love it if the Sooners can somehow get the win...

As for tonight, I'll be rooting for the Jags, but App State will certainly win the helmet game...

1726774936181.png

His name is Yosef, as in "He'p yose'f" (fact), and he's probably the only open smoker among official NCAA mascots.

Sid
Appalachian State University Faculty/Administration, 1971-2008

He reminds me a little of the Oklahoma State cowboy mascot, and alternate helmet logo... who I'd like to imagine has a Lenny Dykstra sized wad of tobacco in his cheek...

Back
Top Bottom