| FTBL CECIL HURT: Saban remains consistent in dealing with players

G

CECIL HURT

With the fearsome reputation that preceded him to Tuscaloosa, some might have suspected that Saban, in his new role as Alabama’s football coach, was just looking to “make an example” out of the first unwitting player to step out of line. In that context, “make an example” means roughly, to use the memorable phrase from Pulp Fiction, to “go medieval” on the player, stopping not at mere suspension and humiliation but moving right on to thumbscrews and hot pokers.

100% correct. It is our choices that define our character. Without the freedom to choose we are nothing. It is the choosing the right thing that makes it noble and moral.

gary funderburk said:
moreno_iv said:
Yep, Cecil's got it down here. Allowing people to make their own choices (albeit with a little guidance) is the way to make responsible adults and players.
MORENO, you going to the FSU game?

I dunno man. I'm thinking of going to Jacksonville for the weekend, but I don't think I'll be able to get tickets to the game. I know that I am going to the UGA game in Tuscaloosa, so I'm saving for that.

You going?

Yeah I am going, I have got tickets and I am also working on more. If I get them I will let you know. The second set is going to hard to come by but if i get them you will be one of the first. If you do go, call me so we can hook up.

gary funderburk said:
Yeah I am going, I have got tickets and I am also working on more. If I get them I will let you know. The second set is going to hard to come by but if i get them you will be one of the first. If you do go, call me so we can hook up.

Cool man. I'll let you know. ;tr

gary funderburk said:

Did I ever tell you how much I admire you as a poster? :D

Outlaw said:
gary funderburk said:

And how intelligent and handsome you are. :wink: :D

BamaDelta said:
Outlaw said:
gary funderburk said:

And how intelligent and handsome you are. :wink: :D

Delta knows what's up 8)

Back
Top Bottom