| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Best female "action" characters you've seen in movie's. (A spin-off of "Wick" is coming soon featuring one.)

TerryP

Staff
The tweet made me start thinking about this.

Lucy, came to mind as did Atomic Blonde. I'm thinking Hanna was better than both.

Okay, here's another. Damn...this came out my last semester of undergrad at UA. What was the name of that theatre on McFarland: same shopping center as Silo, Toy's R Us...just past Hargrove on the right side if you are headed towards Skyland Blvd,?

Geena Davis, as Samantha, in The Long Kiss Goodnight.

I thought about her and those movies. I had to ask myself, "was it the action or was it because Kate looked so hot?" A bit of both; weighing heavily on the later.

I think I'd put her on par with Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity) from the Matrix.
Yeah KB is a smoke show for sure!!!! As a matter of fact she’s #1 on my list for for hottest actress as well, so yeah there’s some “hotness” bias for me for sure!!🤤🤤🤤

Got a few more:
Millah jovavich (resident evil)
Sasha luss (Anna)
Jennifer garner (peppermint)

I’m sure before the days out I’ll think of more, but Kate beckinsale is the top!!!! (For me)

You are in DC and just met a guy you'll be working with for the next two days. He asked, "Tim, where are you from?" Do you say, "Alabama, but I live in GA?"
Now I'm in a rabbit hole.

If I were asked I'd say "Charleston." If the conversation continued I'd mention I grew up in Alabama. I was born in Texas.

Am I going to say, "I'm from Texas?"

We've got one representative saying the moon is made of gas...think about looking up "taxes>exempt>Jasmine."

Uh, no. I'm not starting off with "I'm from Texas."

@Brandon Van de Graaff wants an "Accountability Circle." This response seems to be a hint that you want to lead a "Community Notes" group.

Since we're here:

You are in DC and just met a guy you'll be working with for the next two days. He asked, "Tim, where are you from?" Do you say, "Alabama, but I live in GA?"
My wife laughs at that one all the time. She's so over me saying, "I live in Atlanta but I'm originally from Alabama." It just depends. If I'm working with a yankee, I just leave it at Atlanta.

She had a contractor/architect visit on of the Chick-fil-A's for a corporate remodel. The guy said precisely what I say when they were talking about where they were from. It's always fun when someone tells me they're from Bham. I say no one's from Bham, then we get into the suburb/outlying areas discussion. That guy said just outside of Bham, asked if she'd ever hear of Columbiana. She tells him I'm from Westover, he replies, Oh, then I'm from Shelby, which is just a wide place in the road between Coumbiana and Lay Lake.

Location, location, location.

My wife laughs at that one all the time. She's so over me saying, "I live in Atlanta but I'm originally from Alabama." It just depends. If I'm working with a yankee, I just leave it at Atlanta.
That's wild. There was a reason I framed it as "in DC" outside of knowing you work up and down the seaboard. I assumed if you were in Gainesville you'd mention Alabama.

She had a contractor/architect visit on of the Chick-fil-A's for a corporate remodel. The guy said precisely what I say when they were talking about where they were from. It's always fun when someone tells me they're from Bham. I say no one's from Bham, then we get into the suburb/outlying areas discussion. That guy said just outside of Bham, asked if she'd ever hear of Columbiana. She tells him I'm from Westover, he replies, Oh, then I'm from Shelby, which is just a wide place in the road between Coumbiana and Lay Lake.

Again. Wild.

I read the first paragraph and left the second for later because I wanted to specifically reply to the first, right?

I started to mention how I respond to people about Alabama here and when I'm in -state: "I live in Charleston, but grew up in Huntsville..."

And then I read the second para...

Got a few more:
Millah jovavich (resident evil)
Sasha luss (Anna)
Jennifer garner (peppermint)
In order:

Haven't seen.
I've seen it but need to look again.
I think I've seen this one.

Another that's a decent watch but I think the character/actress is HOT.

Godless from Netflix with Michelle Dockery.

I tell people all the time that ask me where I live, "I was born and raised in Alabama, its home. I live and work in Ohio."

Back
Top Bottom