| FTBL Before you freak out, 2 walk-on players arrested for fightin

TerryP

Staff
QB Thomas Darrah and FB Jacob Vane...some altercation, misdemeanor assault charges...over a girl is what the email said...at least, that is what he thought.

Re: Before you freak out, 2 walk-on players arrested for fig

TerryP said:
QB Thomas Darrah and FB Jacob Vane...some altercation, misdemeanor assault charges...over a girl is what the email said...at least, that is what he thought.
At Alabama?

BigAl said:
TerryP said:
At Alabama?

:?: :?:

I wouldn't post about two players being charged at another school and say "don't freak out." :lol:

But, in answer to your question, yes.

Who would freak out anyway? Stuff like this seems to be "the same old news" in college athletics this day and time, even at Bama. Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Been going on for as long as I can remember, except now it gets sensationalized and ends up making "headline" news and is posted all over the internet.

I dare say there is a track record of a couple of things...

News outlets will report two players arrested and wait for the sensational response.

People will hear of this story and say we need to kick them off the team. It's a wasted scholly.

I could go on...

TerryP said:
BigAl said:
TerryP said:
At Alabama?

:?: :?:

I wouldn't post about two players being charged at another school and say "don't freak out." :lol:

But, in answer to your question, yes.
I never heard of them is why i asked/

What does third degree assault look like anyway? One guy walks up behind the other and thumps him on the ear? Come on?

You have two college football players, obviously physically capable individuals, and you're telling me that all they can muster is a third degree assault?

If they were really out to assault, does anyone think third degree would the result?

What has happened to Police discretion? What has happened to "Alright guys break it up and go home." It's a first time offense that doesn't qualify for second degree. Are you telling me that this is a situation where the legal system is the only way to address this?

LBS said:
What does third degree assault look like anyway? One guy walks up behind the other and thumps him on the ear? Come on?

You have two college football players, obviously physically capable individuals, and you're telling me that all they can muster is a third degree assault?

If they were really out to assault, does anyone think third degree would the result?

What has happened to Police discretion? What has happened to "Alright guys break it up and go home." It's a first time offense that doesn't qualify for second degree. Are you telling me that this is a situation where the legal system is the only way to address this?

Third degree assault is usually equated with a fight of equal participation. In other words, they were both probably going at each other.

LBS said:

In order to get a higher assault charge, one of the participants would have had to have been armed in some fashion by Alabama state law.

Back
Top Bottom