| OT Bama Estate Sale - Gadsden Area

The trash can in my bedroom from 1986 ish-1998 'ish...

bac23ed7-4481-4d17-89bc-4b669c7b8f7d.jpg
You can see Bear under the TV, can't make out the other titles.

I have that picture in my garage and my wife wants me to give it away. We bought it at Kirklands in Tuscaloosa when we had our house there and I was in school. I love that picture.
On my mother's side, the family name is Powers. They settled on the frontier in the early 1800's which was around Tuscaloosa, and the community below Moundville bears the name. The Power's Irish Whisky is a go-to for our memorabilia, not easy to get here since the company went away and was later rejuvenated (think Rolling Rock a la Coors). I was stumbling around the basement of an antique mall in downtown Villa Rica, GA some years back and was paging through a stack of frames and found a really old frame with a gilded mirror with "Power's Irish Whisky, Ireland's Best Selling Whisky". A really good $35 purchase. Similar mirrors are going for $1,000, but mine will reside peacefully in my lakehouse basement until my kids or grandkids break it.

The photos are like an I Spy for fans...
Everything's a puzzle. Photos, maps, financial statements, medical test results, engineering quests, it's all a similar skillset. I was pre-med for two and half years and then switched to finance, but I kept my job as a hospital orderly. At 21, I could diagnose 95 percent of the non-trauma ER cases at my county hospital within a short menu - UTI, kidney stones, heart attack/angina, ulcers, drug seekers, etc. I had some really good ER docs who let me learn at an early age, and I've maintained that interest in medicine. However, today I can see a limited fact set for business, bank and government malaise, and reach a reasoned conclusion. Nothing is difficult, it's just repetition.

Why....wouldnt you....?
I stopped ordering media guides a long time ago. They dropped in quality after the BS with Sly Croom.

But, in answer to your question, there's nothing about the 2003 season I see as a keepsake. Remember, it was a four win season with only two of those coming against conference teams. The 38-0 win over State may seem a good memory to hang onto until you also remember they won two games that season.

I stopped ordering media guides a long time ago. They dropped in quality after the BS with Sly Croom.

But, in answer to your question, there's nothing about the 2003 season I see as a keepsake. Remember, it was a four win season with only two of those coming against conference teams. The 38-0 win over State may seem a good memory to hang onto until you also remember they won two games that season.
I still have some from the '80s and '90s. I do know I have one from the 1979 season, because it was sent to me while I was in Germany.

On my mother's side, the family name is Powers. They settled on the frontier in the early 1800's which was around Tuscaloosa, and the community below Moundville bears the name. The Power's Irish Whisky is a go-to for our memorabilia, not easy to get here since the company went away and was later rejuvenated (think Rolling Rock a la Coors). I was stumbling around the basement of an antique mall in downtown Villa Rica, GA some years back and was paging through a stack of frames and found a really old frame with a gilded mirror with "Power's Irish Whisky, Ireland's Best Selling Whisky". A really good $35 purchase. Similar mirrors are going for $1,000, but mine will reside peacefully in my lakehouse basement until my kids or grandkids break it.
Pretty cool story there.

The photos are like an I Spy for fans...

Everything's a puzzle. Photos, maps, financial statements, medical test results, engineering quests, it's all a similar skillset.
Brandon sort of hits this with me. You do as well, and puzzle might fit.

50+ is an example. Several times he's posted pictures of his stuff and I'm paying more attention to what's around than the image. It's what makes the @Bamabww book fascinating.
But 2003 was still part of Bama n history...
A LOT of things have been a part of history. It doesn't mean, "hey, this is something to hang onto!"

The last media guide I had was given to me by a lawyer for whom I was testifying in a case against the Smelley's: yes, those Smelley's.

Brandon sort of hits this with me. You do as well, and puzzle might fit.

50+ is an example. Several times he's posted pictures of his stuff and I'm paying more attention to what's around than the image. It's what makes the @Bamabww book fascinating.

A LOT of things have been a part of history. It doesn't mean, "hey, this is something to hang onto!"

The last media guide I had was given to me by a lawyer for whom I was testifying in a case against the Smelley's: yes, those Smelley's.
And that makes it special.... to you!
Right? If its Bama... its special to me! We have won a lot. Lost some. HAd the greatest ( Bear/nick) ....
And one of worse ( probably Ears)
The classiest ( Bear/Stalling/Mal) and lack of classiest ( Dubose/Fran)
The most exciting ( joe/tua).
All in my opinion of course

But still all Bama and all gave so much

And that makes it special.... to you!
Entertaining.

I've visited more than a few plantations and museums over the years and I found them entertaining, interesting. I don't have a single book in my house about those places. I've read the books, but don't keep them.

IE: Been doing some reading and exploring in Runnymede the last few years. It's on the same stretch of road/land that you'll find Magnolia, Drayton Hall and Middleton Place except it's closed to the public (private events only.) You'll appreciate this: they have a trail through there that has landscaping from every letter of the alphabet: some twice. (Wax Myrtles around a Weeping Willow.)

Entertaining.

I've visited more than a few plantations and museums over the years and I found them entertaining, interesting. I don't have a single book in my house about those places. I've read the books, but don't keep them.

IE: Been doing some reading and exploring in Runnymede the last few years. It's on the same stretch of road/land that you'll find Magnolia, Drayton Hall and Middleton Place except it's closed to the public (private events only.) You'll appreciate this: they have a trail through there that has landscaping from every letter of the alphabet: some twice. (Wax Myrtles around a Weeping Willow.)

Now that is unique and worth seeing.
Be right up my alley

Long story..but known someone who does tree and shrub business in that area for years. I've got 12 Crepe Myrtles that came from those properties I mentioned earlier. I'm having to stop and count rose bushes...nine.

Get this. I have a dwarf Ginkgo bioloba in the front as well...
Know what thats for. Right?

Crepe mertles n roses are just attractants for japanese beetles around here.

Little bastards eat them up. And my corn. And my peaches etc

Know what thats for. Right?
What, what's for?
Crepe mertles n roses are just attractants for japanese beetles around here.
(knocking on wood...)

I've never had a problem with them though I am familiar with the damage than can inflict. In the eight to ten homes around me I can picture four of them who have a lot of geraniums: a natural deterrent to those bastards. I grow chives every year...doesn't a good job as well.

Back
Top Bottom